Tuesday, April 21, 2015

First Bite: Wolf & Fox Gastropub

I will officially become a Fort girl in the next few weeks. I’m excited and at the same time nervous. This will be a big step for me as I have always been an Ortigas and Kapitolyo girl. But hey, I always welcome change. It makes life more exciting. And last Friday, I got to taste the after work life by…

…visiting Wolf & Fox Gastropub.
The place is pretty dark with its dark wooden interiors but it was pretty cozy.
It took me a while to order as I was really full from my McDonald’s meal an hour before. After 10 minutes or so, I decided to get the William Fox’s Fish Pie (PHP348) while J ordered the Crispy Pork Belly (PHP358). We also got Sisig with Chorizo and Chips (PHP288) and I got a mug of The Cunning Fox (PHP198).
First served was The Cunning Fox and it tasted just like juice. It was refreshing with a bit of kick. Careful with drinks like this though. I felt the alcohol hit me when I was a few gulps away from finishing my drink.
We couldn’t imagine sisig with chips but it was pretty okay. It added crunch to the well-loved dish. I wasn’t able to taste the chorizo that much though.
The Crispy Pork Belly served with apple fig whipped potatoes and honey dijon was lovely. It was crunchy yet the pork wasn’t dry.

Now for my dish…
The fish pie (salmon fillet with garlic fresh dill, cream cheese and whipped potatoes) was delightful. It was a heavy dish though as I was munching on salmon with overflowing whipped potatoes. I loved the smoothness of the dish and it having a light flavor makes it easy on the palate.
I’ll definitely visit Wolf & Fox again and try the other drinks and dishes.
Wolf & Fox Gastropub is located at Two Parkade, 30th Street corner 7th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)