Monday, December 5, 2011

Have you tried eating his GF?

My sister was sulking one morning and told me that I do not make time for her anymore as I tend to pig out with friends every weekend. Thus, to make it up to her, we went to the Moonlit Bazaar at the Rockwell Tent last Friday and I managed to buy a few tops and discovered a new food love.

I still remember how my friends told me how much they enjoyed eating their GFs. I was SHOCKED especially since two of them were girls. It took me a few seconds to realize that GF means garlic fries. 
One witty and attention grabbing name plus comfort food almost everyone (if not everyone) loves… what could go wrong? Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to try the fries people were raving about during the Ultimate Taste Test 6.0 last September. 
Going back to the night of shopping…

I was starving that night because I wasn’t able to eat dinner as I thought that my family and I will eat out only to find out that they already had dinner without me. :( Luckily, there were food stalls right beside the Rockwell Tent for hungry shoppers and I saw…

Eat My GF!!! The fries gods must love me!
And now they serve more! They invited hungry troopers to eat their sausages as well. (When will the wittiness stop???)
I tried the beer sausage as it sounded very interesting. I’m assuming that they cooked it with a bit of beer to call it such or perhaps because it would go well with beer as it was a tiny bit spicy. They sell it for PHP155 and that already includes garlic fries or virgin chips. I chose garlic fries. 

Since I was walking, I tried the fries first. It was nothing special to me. True, it had a hint of garlic but it would have been better if they used freshly peeled and cut potatoes. (Potato wedges lover here.)
As for my beer sausage, I’m not the adventurous type when it comes to toppings so I simply asked the server to put ketchup on mine. Nonetheless, it was really good. The sausage was juicy and I could tolerate the spiciness (that means that I could take more than 3 bites without having a sip of cola). I loved it!

I’ll definitely visit their kiosk soon!
Eat My GF is located at the 3rd floor, Glorietta 4, Makati City.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for eating my GF! Have the Virgin Chips next time along with your sausage you might like them better =) We also have a store at Alabang Town Center. =)

    "Don't cheat on your GF, Stay Loyal..." =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. Can't wait to try the Garlic Sausage next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try the sausage soon. But my ultimate favorites are the virgin chips you should try them next time.

    http://eileenscookingadventure.blogspot.com/2011/06/eat-my-gf-garlic-fries.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try them. I've read so many good reviews about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments or other recommendations? :)