Friday, March 6, 2015

First Bite: Planet Grapes

I’m a fan of Planet of the Apes and that’s probably why I’m so curious with Planet Grapes. I find it to be such a witty name and I’m a sucker for anything witty.

Hello, Planet Grapes!

It has been months since I discovered this place but the Alabang branch was a bit too far for me so I never had a chance to visit. But food gods love me so much that Planet Grapes’ newest branch is just a few blocks away from me—Shangri-La Plaza Mall.
Wine without the drama.
 
Planet Grapes somehow has a classy yet warm ambiance. The dishes too aren’t priced that steep though some dishes are slightly on the expensive side. We got the following: Kitayama Rib eye Steak (PHP1,195), Grilled Trio Prawns (PHP495) and PG Super Sisig (PHP210). For wine, we got Baby Bad Boy 2010 (PHP280 for 125 ml | PHP180 for 75 ml | PHP95 for 38 ml) and Pircas Negras Torrontes (PHP235 for 125 ml | PHP150 for 75 ml | PHP80 for 38 ml).
First served was the sisig. R and I got confused with the tomatoes as we never had sisig with tomatoes before. (I guess it is for the purpose of giving extra crunch?) Admittedly, it’s not the best sisig around but it was good. I just wish that it was crunchier.

The main dishes were served next.
When the prawns were served, R said that the dish looked sad. Well, what do you expect with the name “Grilled Trio Prawns”? 
It was slightly on the bland side but it went really well with the chorizo and salted egg rice.
The rib eye steak was quite good. It was juicy and tender. (Or perhaps it was because R gave me the best part?) For its price, it wasn’t bad at all. R also enjoyed it with his red wine.
Oh, speaking of wine, I’m not exactly a wine person (and very far from being an expert) but my wine went pretty okay with the prawns. (Sadly, that’s all I could share.)

I’ll give this place a bit more time for its soft launch before I visit again. (And I will definitely try the balut next time.)

Planet Grapes is located at Ground Floor, North Wing, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City.

Planet Grapes Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)