Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Fangirl's Heaven: Subspace

Ever since my colleague told me that there was this new coffee shop in town called Subspace (that was oozing in cuteness as one of the co-owners is no other than one of Real Living’s contributors, Wilmer Lopez), I wanted to jump to Ortigas and check it out. However, with a food trip packed schedule, I can’t seem to squeeze it in… until one Saturday.
It was an extremely hot day for me and T. We were sweating like crazy walking from Market Market to the Bloggers United event, back to Market Market to catch the bus going to the MRT and walk from Ortigas Station to Grand Emerald Towers to finally visit… SUBSPACE.

Cute interior. Hongdae feel. Lovely menu. Friendly staff. I LOVE IT HERE!
I wanted to pose and do Korean poses at every nook and cranny but there were several customers and I looked pretty harassed so I got shy. (I’ll have to schedule another trip for a photo shoot here!)
Anyway, enough with my fangirling and back to my foodie self. Since it was one hot day, I decided to order cold Purple Potato Latte (PHP140) and asked the server to suggest a good cake that would go well with the drink I ordered. The server (and I’m assuming the co-owner) suggested the New York Cheesecake (PHP110). 
My drink and dessert arrived fast. But I was surprised that the cake was quite small. Nonetheless, it looked promising. The Purple Potato Latte really was… purple.


For the taste…

The Purple Potato Latte has this a bit of grainy feel from the sweet potatoes. It was quite sweet yet salty at the same time. In short… it was love. The sweet and salty contrast was delightful and quite interesting. 
The New York Cheesecake on the other hand was quite sweet for a cheesecake but it really did complement my drink. I love the crust too as it added texture to the dessert. (Thanks to the Subspace staff, I was really happy with my order.)


See you again soon. 


Subspace is located at the Ground Floor of Grand Emerald Towers, Emerald Ave., Ortigas, Pasig City.

Subspace Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. i've been wanting to check this out too...thanks for sharing...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try the Purple Potato Latte. It's one of their bestsellers! It's not too sweet too. :) And they can serve it cold or hot. :)

      Delete

Comments or other recommendations? :)