Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Love at Second Bite: Maple

There are just some things worth giving a second chance. And no, I’m not being mushy here. I’m talking about giving some restaurants a second chance. There are times when I get bad first dining experiences because of either bad food choices or terrible service. But when I see good reviews about those establishments I visited (and swore will never visit ever again), I get curious and try to dine again. And I’m glad I did with Maple.

Hello, Maple.
To be honest, I wasn’t that thrilled to eat there again since my first visit wasn’t that pleasant. (We ordered all the wrong dishes hence Maple never appeared before.) But my mom wanted to visit something new to her so I gave in.

She ordered The Maple Burger (PHP475) and a glass Country Iced Tea (PHP105) while I got the Salmon Catch (PHP550).
The iced tea was quite concentrated so my mom had to wait for the ice to melt. Then again, that’s value for money (in a way).
The Maple Burger was pretty huge. Thick and juicy beef patty served with cheese, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, and bacon with onion rings on the side, this dish guarantees a full tummy.

My salmon dish was delightful! The lightly seasoned and grilled salmon fillet went well with the buttered vegetable rice. It was slightly sinful though as it was butter but… it was too good. My EQ went negative.
And just like that, I found another favorite salmon dish. I think I’m a bit too addicted to salmon. I always order it. At times I even order two salmon dishes at once. #confessionsofasalmonholic

Maple is located at Lower Ground, East Wing, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)