Friday, August 9, 2013

Restaurant Discovery: Madeca

I admit, as much as I want to be lean and strong, I would choose a food trip over a free workout anytime. However, the case was different a few weeks back. I felt really heavy and when I do, I just have to give in to exercise and tried Plana Forma. It was PAIN. But there’s something I look forward to after every workout… reward. And by reward I mean food.

After an hour of squatting, T and I went to Podium with the plan of eating at Wildflour. It was our second attempt to do so but when we arrived, the place was packed with hungry brunch people. So we decided to look for another place to have brunch. Then I remembered Madeca. I saw it before in Yummy magazine and fell in love with the cute mason glasses. 
Luckily, the 4th floor of Podium isn’t packed. (Normally, the busiest floor is the ground floor where Wildflour is located.) There was only one diner when we arrived. 
We noticed that Madeca isn’t an authentic Mexican restaurant. It is a fusion between Mexican and Filipino. I got intrigued with Lechon Kawali Burrito (PHP245) so I ordered one along with Spinach and Mushroom Quesadilla (PHP125) and Guava Mojito (PHP135). T on the other hand ordered  Sisig Burrito (PHP225).
The Spinach and Mushroom Quesadilla was on the bland side but topping it with sour cream and salsa solves that. I love that it was served warm. The chips were delightful too as it added texture to the dish.
I was a bit disappointed with my burrito though as the lechon kawali wasn’t crispy. The server told me it was but it was rather soft. Nonetheless it was savory. Adding a bit of sour cream and salsa made it even more interesting.
T told me that hers was slightly crispy and that made us look at our burritos if it was switched or what. But I guess if I want a crispier filing, I should order sisig next time.
As for my drink, it was refreshing! It only had a tinge of alcohol so even those with low alcohol tolerance will enjoy this drink at noon.

I'll be back for more of that mojito at noon drinks! :)
 
Madeca is located at the 4th floor of Podium Mall, Mandaluyong City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)