Monday, January 12, 2015

Love at First Bite: Chelsea Kitchen

I think Ippudo and I are not meant to be. I have tried to have lunch or dinner there for a whole month now (or even more) and for some reason, it gets cancelled… all the time. But I am not giving up on you, Ippudo! I AM NOT GIVING UP. Anyway, I was supposed to have lunch there with friends after Christmas but the line was still crazy which scared my friends. So we opted to eat elsewhere.

Hello, Chelsea Kitchen!
A good friend of mine told me that this place serves good food. And I believe her since Chelsea never fails me.
When I arrived, M and K already ordered the following: Smoked Tinapa Aglio Olio (PHP320), Three Cheese Pizza (PHP320), The CK Chicken Salad (PHP250) and Jones’ Tapa & Fried Egg (PHP320). I just added Crispy Pork Belly “Bagnet” (PHP395), Truffle Mac N’ Cheese (PHP295) and Sundrenched Freshly Brewed Iced Tea—Strawberry and Lemon (PHP195).

First served was our salad.
The server mentioned that it is best eaten with a bit of the dressings. True enough, I like the different flavors—saltiness of the grilled chicken, sweetness of the plum dressing and coolness of the herbs. It was a delightful dish to start the meal.
Next served was the tapa which was topped with a lot of fried garlic. It was loooove! It was tender and flavorful.
The smoked tinapa pasta was pretty good as well. The flavor was light and not overwhelming. The serving was good for sharing too. However, I find it a bit too oily. Then again, it’s aglio olio so I should expect that.
The three cheese pizza was delightful too. I loved that it tasted cheesy. I usually get disappointed with cheese pizza as I could just taste the dough but Chelsea Kitchen’s version was tasty. Yum!
I didn’t like my bagnet order. It was very dry. The sour apple onion jam helped a bit though.
The mac n’ cheese was pretty okay. The taste wasn’t overwhelming as well though it would have been better if it had a cheesier taste.
Upon finishing my iced tea, I realized that it was overpriced at PHP195. It was very refreshing and yummy but it didn’t last me the whole meal. :|

Despite some misses, I would still visit Chelsea Kitchen again. I’ll try the desserts next time!

Chelsea Kitchen is located at Ground Floor, SM Megamall Fashion Hall, Mandaluyong City.

Chelsea Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)