Monday, July 22, 2013

Beer Night: Brotzeit German Bier Bar & Restaurant

It has been a while since the last T3 meet up. With busy schedules, our plans normally get cancelled and *sniff sniff* forgotten. But it was different last week. We finally got to have dinner. Yahoo!

We decided to have dinner at Shangri-La as N was around the area and J and I work nearby. We all met around 7 p.m. and we were all very hungry. (Well, I was.)
 
We had a hard time choosing where to eat as they avoid places I have been to already. (Aren’t they the most supportive friends?) But since I’ve been to all the restaurants already (except for that new Korean place at the 6th floor), we stalled for a bit. Given that they are not in the mood for Korean, and I wasn’t too, we went down again and visited BrotzeitGerman Bier Bar & Restaurant.
Given that it was a weekday and it was raining hard, the place was packed. We ended up sitting between the tables of two couples. Thank goodness only one of the two was in intense PDA mode.
We controlled ourselves with ordering as we tend to go overboard when we are all together. We ended up ordering Würstelplatte (PHP980) and Griebenschmalz (PHP290). I also decided to order Tagessuppe, or a fancy way to say Soup of the Day (PHP220). I was pretty stressed that day so I went for a glass of beer. The server said that the sweetest one is the Original Münchner Drunkel Lager (PHP200 for a Klein after 6 p.m.) so I ordered that one. N got the Banana Beer while J, a beer expert went for something N and I were not interested in.  :P
Service was quite quick and first served was my soup. The soup that night was Tomato Soup. *Yum!*
After a spoonful, I realized that it tasted like spaghetti sauce. It was rather thick and heavy as an appetizer. Then again, I managed to finish it. It was still delightful as it was really tasty.
 
Next served was the Griebenschmalz or bacon spread with German bread. After my tasty soup, it seems like this one had a weak flavor. As a chilled appetizer, I hoped for a bit more texture—perhaps a bit of crunch from the bacon or from the bread. The bread was a bit stale for me.  It was interesting though.
The Würstelplatte was served last and serving was pretty generous for a plate ideally good for 2 people. There were 4 spicy chicken sausages, 2 pork cheese sausages, Weisswurt, garlic pork sausage and a generous serving of sauerkraut.  The spicy chicken sausages were a bit too spicy for me and my not really sweet beer didn’t help. I really love the rest though. But my favorite is the pork cheese sausage.

Our bill reached over PHP2000 but we left the place with happy tummies. I’ll skip the beer next time though as I really can’t drink it gracefully. I make face unintentionally. Not a pretty sight at all.
Brotzeit is located at Ground floor, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City. It’s beside Pages Deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)