Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Kapitolyo Food Stop: Silantro Fil-Mex Cantina

Kapitolyo sure is a foodie destination with so many restaurants appearing left and right. And since it was a holiday last October 6, the Foodie Trio of UA&P (which I now baptize as F3) decided to explore Kapitolyo once again. Our first stop is none other than Silantro.
Hello, Silantro Fil-Mex Cantina!

This wasn’t my first time to visit this place as I got to try it a few months ago with W. However, we didn’t order food and I just had their unlimited mojito (for only PHP250!!!). And the mojito was not bad at all.
We arrived a bit past 11 a.m. and the place was already packed! It was a good thing though that K’s friends, the Triple J (as they all have J in their names), arrived early and managed to get a table inside.

After a quick look at the menu, I decided to go for the Completo (PHP110) where I could choose three kinds of meat for my soft shell taco (I chose lamb, oxtail and beef), Silantro Quesadillas (PHP160) and a glass of Mojito (PHP90).

First served was the mojito but I did not dare take a sip as I skipped breakfast for the food trip. After the first 10 minutes, I started to become restless and at the 15 minute mark, I started to be irritable.

Twenty minutes later, the server approached us to inform me that they were out of oxtail. I snapped! They could have told me that way before! Why wait for 20 minutes???
Anyway, I told the server to give me lengua instead and make sure that he serves my order in 5 minutes or less. And it did. However, we had to wait for a few more minutes for our utensils and sauce. *sigh*

The food though was awesome! The beef, lamb and lengua were all fantastic! Flavorful and tender, it was such joy munching on it. You don’t even need sauce!
The quesadilla (which was meant to be an appetizer) was served about 2 minutes after the tacos were served. It was oozing with cheese! I enjoyed the slightly burned fries. However, I hardly tasted the chicken bits as the cheese was too overwhelming. But cheese lovers would love this! I did.
The mojito, as usual, was refreshing.

Overall, the food was great but service was extremely slow! I know that the place was crowded but it is still not an excuse. They should always factor that in when they prepare the dishes. I will most likely visit this place when I’m not hungry and would just like to hang out with friends.

Silantro Fil-Mex Cantina is located at 75 E. Capitol Drive, Pasig City, Metro Manila.

[Sadly though, some people take advantage of the foodies who flock the area. Just recently, a car was shot several times. So, warning to all those who frequent, visits, or plans to visit Kapitolyo, be careful and make sure that you park in well-lit areas. -Gluttonshopper]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)