Friday, February 14, 2014

Restaurant Love: Olive Tree Kitchen and Bar

It has been a while since I have done a food trip thus I tend to eat less now. Yes, I can no longer do four stops. (I bet you think I eat like a person on a diet huh?) 

I have super friends! Even before I landed, I already arranged dates with the people I love. N for one was game for a food trip. So that means more than one stop.

Wee both finally agreed to go to Bonifacio Global City as it has a lot of new restaurants we have yet to try. We planned to visit Olive Tree Kitchen and Bar, Sunshine Kitchen, and Kitchen's Best. We didn't know though that most restaurants close at 4 p.m. on Sundays so we had to change our plans a lot!
Anyway, this entry focuses on our first stop, Olive Tree Kitchen and Bar.
Why hello there OTKB!

It's located where Stock Market used to be and somehow, it's still similar despite the predominantly brown furniture.
Since this is our first stop, N and I decided to go for appetizers... and only appetizers as we have two more stops to go.
After much thought, N and I went for the Cheese-Stuffed Rice Cakes (PHP295) and Pumpkin and Bacon Bruschetta (PHP255). I also ordered a glass of cranberry juice while N got bottomless iced tea.
The Pumpkin and Bacon Bruschetta was very visually appetizing. I ate it wrong though at first as I just took a small bite. The bacon was sweet (quite caramelized) and the taste of the pumpkin puree was faint IF you ate it like how I did it. Then I realized that I should eat it as a whole to have a taste of all the flavors. The various textures and flavors played so well together. A two thumbs up!
The Cheese-Stuffed Rice Cakes (filled with saffron threads, mozzarella, Chorizo and Passata) were like risotto balls. The cheesiness was not very strong and could be a disappointment for hardcore cheese lovers. I found this a bit heavy though as an appetizer for two. This is a good dish though for diners who are too hungry to wait for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.

I'll definitely go back and try the pasta and pizza. :)

Olive Tree Kitchen and Bar is located at High Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)