Monday, March 28, 2016

Love at First Bite: Melt Grilled Cheesery

It has been a few days ago when I saw Chessie T’s review on Melt Grilled Cheesery and I have been pestering R ever since. I would call out his name and when he looks, I would say, in my most whiny voice, Meeeeelt~ And after a few days of being adorably annoying (or maybe scratch adorable as I was just plain annoying according to the recipient of my puppy eyes), he finally gave in.

Hello, Melt Grilled Cheesery!
Tagged as the cheese lovers heaven, this restaurant sure knows how to attract foodies like me. Cheese on almost everything turned me into a fly lured by light. 
We arrived around 7 p.m. and the place was quite empty with only two other tables occupied. 

After browsing the menu and struggling to limit my order, R and I settled with Tomato Soup (PHP185), Mushroom Truffle (PHP300) with additional Parma Ham (PHP160), Big Buff (PHP395) and The Dulce de Leche Cheesecake (PHP235). 
We sat farthest the open kitchen and watched the crew prepare some dishes for other tables and perhaps ours too.

After a few minutes, the server approached us and mentioned that they do not have enough parma ham for one order and that the chef we talked to will just give us the few left for free. Yay for free parma ham!
In about 5 minutes, our tomato soup was served.
I loved the consistency of this soup. It was thick but not too heavy. It had a nice tangy tomato taste and the grilled cheese croutons made the dish even more delectable. Gooey cheese on my piping hot soup! 

R's mushroom truffle pasta was served next and it was soon followed by the parma ham.
The serving size of the parma ham made us realize why they hesitated to charge us. It was indeed too small to be priced at PHP160.
But those bits of toasted parma ham made the the dish so much better. It balanced the creaminess of the mushroom truffle sauce and it complemented the parmesan cheese. It also added texture to the soft pasta. Ordering additional parma ham is not a bad move at all even if it will cost you PHP460 total for the dish.

Last savory dish served was Big Buff. The chef we talked to actually recommended The Classic Melt (PHP265) since it is lighter and it is also his personal favorite. But the chicken lover in me won and I went with what I really want to try. And I sort of regretted it.
I'm not sure if the mushroom truffle was just too good or if the sandwich was just mediocre. The wheat bread was perfectly toasted and the melted cheese with the buffalo and butter coated fried chicken and pepperoni, bell pepper, and aioli were in harmony. But I guess I was expecting too much from this dish. It turned out to be a good and filling dish but nothing extraordinary. 
[Buuuut I had to take that comment back when I ate the other half of the sandwich earlier for lunch. It was soooo good. Apparently, I was just too full last night to appreciate this beautiful sandwich.]

Stuffed and about to burst, we signaled for our dessert to be served. After all, there is always room for dessert.
The Dulce de Leche Cheesecake has a simple presentation. It was actually a small slice for its price. But this slice is worth every penny! It was packed with flavor and it was everything a dulce de leche cheesecake should be. It had a nice dulce de leche filling and a delightful slightly tangy cheesy taste! It was love at first bite! I would definitely go back for more of this!

Melt Grilled Cheesery is located at 3rd Floor, Uptown Mall, 9th Avenue, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.

Melt Grilled Cheesery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)