Monday, February 10, 2014

Restaurant Discovery: Kettle

I really have this thing for new restaurants. I get so excited every time I find out that a new restaurant is opening soon near my place. By near I mean Shangri-La, Megamall, Capitol Commons, and Kapitolyo. While I was trying to resist my foodie urges in the States, I was busy doing "research" on the new restaurants. One of the new places that caught my fancy was Kettle at Shangri-La's East Wing.

Hello Kettle! 
I met up with my good friend M for dinner for some intense catching up. I insisted that we have dinner there as I have to try its famous fried chicken.
Ordering was a breeze too as I know what I want. I ordered the Smoked Salmon Salad (PHP250), Buttermilk Fried Chicken (PHP519), and Calamari (PHP329). For dessert, we originally wanted to get the Checkered Cake but they ran out so we went for the Pistachio Cake instead (PHP229).

Service was pretty quick as our salad and calamari were served within 15 minutes. 
The salad was drizzled with black pepper for additional taste. The serving itself was pretty generous and I enjoyed it a lot. I would have enjoyed it more if there were more salmon though. The dill ranch dressing has that tangy taste that would make you eat more!
The calamari though seemed typical for me. It's your usual fried and breaded squid.

Next served was the Buttermilk Fried Chicken. M and I decided to just order one dish as I saw several posts that the serving's pretty huge and true enough, the dish is good for four people.
The fried chicken sure was yummy! It was crispy and the meat was juicy and tender. The corn muffins were delicious as well though it was a tad hard. 

My sister called at the middle of the dinner and said that she'll join as well and gave me a go to order for her. I chose Mac and Four Cheese (PHP269) since she loves cheese.
The wait time for her pasta was around 20 minutes so she muchned on the buttermilk fried chicken and corn muffin which she also enjoyed.

The Mac and Four Cheese's serving was pretty small and great for a person of small appetite. It had a strong cheesy taste which I like as some tend to be bland.

Last served was the pistachio cake. 

It was fluffy and moist. It wasn't very sweet as well so I find it to be a perfect dessert to cap the night.

I'll try the Checkered Cake and Bone Marrow next time.

Kettle is located at Shangri-La Plaza Mall 5th Floor East Wing, Mandaluyong City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)