Friday, October 3, 2014

Love at First Bite: Hot Star Large Fried Chicken

I have heard a lot of good reviews about a Taiwanese fried chicken place a few months ago but I was never motivated to go as fried chicken is just fried chicken for me. Nothing special. But I guess I was destined to cross paths with this establishment when V recommended that we have dinner here last Sunday.

Hello, Hot Star Large Fried Chicken.
The restaurant is on the second floor of the building with Engine 46 at the ground floor. The place isn’t that big but spacious enough to accommodate more than 10 groups of hungry diners (mostly students on weekdays).
The food is pretty affordable too! The Original Large Fried Chicken and the Crispy Large Fried Chicken are priced at PHP110 while BBQ Large Fried Chicken is at PHP125. Just add PHP35 and you get a cup of rice and drink. V and V2 got Almond Ice Crush while I chose Black Gulaman.
I loved my drink! Though I wasn’t allowed to drink anything cold yet, I still drank it. It was yummy! It was like Black Gulaman shake! I had a few sips of almond and as a person not fond of the Almond Jelly dessert, I didn’t like the drink either.
We were amazed with the size of the chicken. It was huge (but flat). After giving V and V2 a bit of mine, I started munching on my Crispy Large Fried Chicken. I’m not so sure if I was just hungry but the chicken was pretty good. The skin was seasoned well and it sure was crispy. It was slightly buttery.

The BBQ Large Fried Chicken tasted like Crispy Chicken Teriyaki with less sauce. It was good as well. But I guess those who are not fond of sweet food will not like this. 
I didn’t try the Original Large Fried Chicken but according to V2, it had an umay factor hence the reason why he removed the skin. (That or he likes to eat healthy.)

Overall, it was a pretty good dinner. It was filling though despite the generous serving, I wanted a bit more chicken. (It’s the glutton in me talking.)
One tip though, come early as the place gets PACKED!
Hot Star Large Fried Chicken is located at 2nd floor, 316 F. Dela Rosa St., Katipunan, Quezon City. 

Hot Star Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)