Tuesday, August 11, 2015

First Bite: UCC Clockwork

Estancia is becoming a foodie destination with more and more restaurants opening. One of the restaurants that caught my attention was UCC Clockwork which apparently isn’t that new anymore. (I really have to explore the south!) But since I’ve never tried its famous corned beef, I had to visit.

Hello, UCC Clockwork!
The charming café/restaurant had a warm and cozy vibe; but what really attracted us was the buy one, take one cocktails (a deal they offer on Fridays).
Aside from our Lychee Mojito (PHP220), we ordered Mushroom Truffle (PHP150) and Pumpkin Soup (PHP120). We also got Fresh Corned Beef with Kimchi Rice (PHP350), Threesome Breakfast (PHP380) and Clockwork Cookie Cup Screams (PHP190).
The Lychee Mojito was refreshing but the lychee’s taste overpowered the rhum making it taste like juice.
Next served were our warm bowls of soup.
I wasn’t able to take a photo of F’s bowl but he finished his without any complaint so I’m assuming that it tasted okay. My soup on the other hand wasn’t the creamy kind that I like. It was just okay but I enjoyed it with the complimentary buttered bread.

We were still slurping our soup when the main dishes were served.
The homemade corned beef looks delectable. F gave me some to taste and it was… not as good as I thought. It was quite salty. It was tender though and went well with my garlic rice. Perhaps it tastes better with the kimchi rice.
The Threesome Breakfast sounded filling but the serving of Angus teriyaki tapa, garlic longganisa and pork tocino were a bit too small. The tapa had a weird sweet and tangy taste that didn’t harmonize while I had better longganisa elsewhere. I liked the pork tocino though and wished that the other two small tin bowls were filled with tocino.
Last served was our cookie cup.
It was a bit difficult to eat it as the cookie was hard to cut. But I loved the hard yet chewy texture of the cookie. I’m not really a fan of pistachio ice cream but it went well with the cookie. But I’ll definitely go with vanilla bean or burnt caramel next time.
Though UCC was a hit and miss, I am willing to go back to try its coffee and other dishes.

UCC Clockwork is located at Ground Floor, Estancia Mall, Capitol Commons, Barangay Oranbo, Pasig City.

UCC Clockwork Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. The corned beef does look appetizing. Too bad it didn't taste as good as it looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets have our october date here? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments or other recommendations? :)