Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Now Serving Tea: TWG Tea Salon and Boutique, Shangri-La Plaza Mall

I am so fascinated with TWG. Call me a frustrated British wannabe but there is something so comforting dining at TWG. I feel so girly and classy.*blinks slowly* All those tea cans, charming golden tea pots, dainty pastries and even rock sugar (is that how you call it?), I feel like I’m back to my kiddie days playing tea party with friends.
TWG Shangri-La branch is now open! Yahoo!
The place was slightly packed when we arrived and it was already past 9 p.m. that time. Well, it was a Friday. But it was not a pay day weekend.
Since we all came from dinner c/o birthday girl L, we opted to just have tea and a few pastries. 
This time I ordered Hypnosis Tea (PHP195) just because I like the name and a slice of Blueberry Cheesecake (PHP220).
Service was a bit slow. When our tea pots arrived, the tea was lukewarm. We were also surprised that there were only three teacups worth of tea inside. I recall I was able to refill my cup more before. But my tea was pretty good. I didn’t even bother to put syrup on it as it has a naturally sweet taste already. (Well, that and the fact that it took the server more than 20 minutes to give us our syrup.) It wasn’t bitter and the slight floral flavor was charming.
 
The blueberry cheesecake on the other hand was pretty good. There were bits of blueberry on top which added texture to the smooth cheesecake. 
The crust though was pretty soft too and I prefer mine to have a slight crunch. It wasn’t tangy too but it sure goes well with tea.
TWG Sugar... I even find this fascinating!
Overall, I’d still go back to this place. Perhaps the staff members are still in their learning stage. I’ll definitely order brunch and ice cream next time.

On our way out, i saw that they sell those amazing tea jellies.
And even the sugar! 
TWG is located at the 2nd floor, East Wing, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandalyong City.

1 comment:

Comments or other recommendations? :)