Friday, November 8, 2013

Restaurant Discovery: Extraordinary Desserts

Blooooog! I miss you! I have been sick for almost 2 weeks so I was hibernating like a big Grizzly bear! I hardly went out too but I still have a few finds I'd love to share with you all and one of which was our stop after Legoland.
Hello, Extraordinary Desserts!
I love hanging out with K and T as I get to go to nice restaurants. Eating out here is so expensive. Yes, even eating at an ordinary restaurant will cost you over a thousand Pesos. The perk though is that I get to learn how to cook. (Yeeeeees!) Anyway, I am getting off topic here.
We arrived at Extraordinary Desserts a bit past 8 p.m. and the place was packed! We had to wait around 20 minutes to get a table. And while waiting, we were given a little notepad where we could jot down what desserts we want to try. 
And it was difficult! How can I choose just one in this display?! I want to try them all! But my wallet can only afford one! Huhuhu! Curse the high prices!
N and I ended up with the Chocolate Macadamia Torte as N is a macadamia lover. T and K went with one of the specials, German  Chocolate Cake with Brown Sugar Ice Cream on the side. 
The savory menu is quite limited so we opted for the dishes that we think would fill us the most... Panini.
I ordered the Smoked Salmon Panini ($12) while N ordered the Portobello and Brie Panini ($12). I also ordered a bowl of Tomato Basil Soup ($7.5) as it was chilly that night.
For a full house, service was pretty quick.

First served was the photogenic tomato basil soup. 
This one is simply divine! The soup was thick and flavorful. I love it when I can actually taste the tomato and that it had a slight tart to it. It went well with the herbs, basil and parmesan cheese too. The whole table declared this as the best dish of the night!
 
Next served was the panini.
My panini was stuffed with thin slices of salmon, avocado and tomatoes. The avocados were a bit weird but I ate it all anyway. The salmon was fresh as it was really soft and the type that melts in your mouth. But the last two bites were not so good as I think my panini had some not so fresh salmon added into it.
N's panini tasted... very healthy. Okay, it was pretty bland. I guess I'm just not a fan of mushroom panini.
As for the desserts, T and K's cake had coconut on it so it wasn't something I'd order. The cake was moist though and the ice cream was great! 
Our dessert on the other hand was chocolate overload. It wasn't as sweet as it looks as it has dark chocolate. The macadamia on the side added texture to this very moist and decadent cake.

I'll definitely go back here to give the other cakes a try. I'll skip the ones with coconut though.

Extraordinary Desserts is located at 1430 Union Street, San Diego, CA 92101. It's best to call them at 619-294-7001  if you have a particular cake in mind so that you know if it's available as the cakes change every hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)