Thursday, January 22, 2015

Restaurant Love: Brown’s Gourmet Chicken

When service has been impressive, I usually come back. And I did with Brown’s. This time, I went with my mom and sister.

It was a late lunch for us so we hurriedly ordered the following: Roasted Carrots and Garlic Soup (PHP90), Shrimp + Pork Egg Roll + Nuoc Cham (PHP110), Roasted Tomato pasta (PHP185), Brown’s Quarter Pounder Burger (PHP260), Fish and Chips (PHP245) and Fried Cookie Dough (PHP120).

First served was my drink, Mixed Berries. (I forgot to take note of the price but I’m sure it’s less than PHP150.)
The drink was a tad too sweet. It was like drinking Nerds but it sure was tasty. Not a thirst quencher but a delightful drink that went well with the savory dishes.
The roasted carrot and garlic soup was great! It was creamy and a great appetizer. Well, slightly biased here because I love garlic.
I also enjoyed the fried spring rolls. It was served hot and crunchy. Dipping it in the well loved sweet sauce made it a blissful appetizer.
The Roasted Tomato pasta was a bit too oily for me. They went a bit crazy with the olive oil but I loved how garlic-y the dish was.
My sister liked her burger. The pure beef patty was juicy and flavorful. And it sure filled her tummy. I was pretty happy too with the fries.
Mom didn’t like her fish and chips though as it tasted weird. I recall that my officemates didn’t like it either.
The fried cookie dough was yummy though. The chewy balls topped with until-now-we-are-not-so-sure-if-it-was-vanilla-ice-cream was a great way to end the meal. It was so much better than the churros I had before.

I would definitely be back but… I’m not so sure if Brown’s will open again. The last time we passed by, it was closed. And it has been WEEKS. *sad music here*

Brown’s Gourmet Chicken is located at Unit 18, The Hub, Greenfield District, Pasig City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)