Monday, April 30, 2012

Chapter 3: Discussing Life at Pages Deli

I just love love love Pages Deli. It’s definitely one place I’m sure will make me smile when I’m down. The scrumptious sandwiches and the to-die-for salads always push me to visit this place again. I noticed though that every time I visit this place, I am with a different companion and talks are becoming more and more serious. This time, my friend and I talked about life.

Hello again, Pages Deli. Did you miss me? Well, I did! *hug* (Okay, maybe I do have this weird relationship with food.)
I felt so guilty for being almost an hour late for my dinner date with J. I was planning to leave the office early so that I could head to Shangri-La on time and to have room for traffic but I guess I love work a bit more than food. When I arrived, J was patiently waiting. *guilty*

We quickly ordered the following: Roasted Tomato with Feta Cheese (PHP250), Journey to the Center of the Earth (PHP250), and Seafood and Sundried Tomatoes (PHP300). I also ordered Lime Shake (PHP90) to make me feel less guilty for munching 3 dishes for dinner.

While waiting, we began to catch up as we haven’t seen each other for almost 4 months. To spare you of boredom, I will not enumerate what we talked about and go straight to the food.
 
First served was our Roasted Tomato with Feta Cheese. I didn’t order soup that day as I did not feel like having one (which was rather odd for a soup addict like me).

The salad was a bit tangy. Well, what do you expect from a salad with cheese and tomatoes? I still prefer Pages Deli’s Goat-Cheese StuffedChicken Breast with Tomato Vinaigrette. (Argh, now I’m craving for it big time! Anyone interested to visit Pages Deli?)  
 
The Journey to the Center of the Earth was delightful! The Hungarian sausage wasn’t very spicy thus I had no problems finishing my half of the sandwich. The chips too were equally addicting! Actually, I ate it in less than 5 minutes. I guess I was hungrier than I thought.

We were almost finished with our sandwich (okay, it was just me) and we were wondering where our pasta was. Apparently, they were not able to note it. Tsk. On the bright side, they managed to serve it in less than 15 minutes. *clap clap clap*
 
The pasta was a bit on the bland side so I needed to drizzle it with parmesan cheese. The seafood serving was not very generous but not stingy as well. It was just right. It was a good thing that we didn’t order dessert as I was starting to become full.
 
The lime shake was enough to serve as my dessert as it was a bit on the sweet side. I thought that it could serve as my alternative calamansi juice (as I heard that calamansi aids in digestion) but it ended up as a bit of dessert. Oh well, I’m not complaining as it was still a good drink.

We had dinner for almost 3 hours and it made me realize a lot of things. Spending quality time with people you genuinely cherish sure beats being a couch potato. See you again, Pages Deli, for Chapter 4.

Pages Deli is located at the Ground Floor, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)