Monday, September 22, 2014

Restaurant Discovery: Your Local

Legaspi has transformed into another foodie destination. With quaint coffee shops and charming restaurants, this is one area I just have to visit. A few weeks back was my first trip in this area and I visited Yardstick and Local Edition. My favorite Dragon lady and I also planned visiting Your Local as it has been getting great reviews. It took longer than we planned but we finally got to pay the place a visit last week.

Hello, Your Local!
Since the place is usually packed, reservation is important. I made a reservation for two at 6 p.m. on (an apparently rainy) Saturday. Placing a reservation was smooth as after 3 minutes or so, I’m done. However, I got a call two days later telling me that my reservation is good until 7:30 p.m. only if I wanted a table (as they accidentally gave me bar seats). WHAT THE HECK? That made me upset as I don’t want to be constantly checking my watch while enjoying my dinner. But the woman assisting me was able to arrange things for me after I expressed my annoyance with the situation. [Case closed.]

The place was quite dark. I guess it sets that chill ambiance the young crowd wants.
We immediately ordered our food as we were both hungry. We settled for the Carrot Cake (PHP280) as appetizer, Torched Salmon Donburi (PHP390) and Chorizo Sandwich (PHP490) for main course. We also got Strawberry Lemonade (PHP190) and Sea Salt Lemonade (PHP160) for drinks.

The Carrot Cake sounded interesting as it was a savory take on the well loved baked good. And it sure didn’t really resemble it at all.
The carrot cake had a different texture compared to the dessert version and it was also paired with century eggs. I loved it! The taste wasn’t strong and it made us whet our appetite.
The salmon donburi was love! The soft texture and sweet taste went well with the shiitake black rice. I just hope that they gave us more salmon. Three slices was a bit too little for a salmon lover like me.
I loved the parmesan fries that went with the chorizo sandwich. The chorizo sandwich though seemed to be overrated.  I didn’t really like to mushy texture of the patty. It was very interesting though given it was served on a squid ink bun.

I was hoping that my lemonade would have an interesting taste given the words “sea salt” but it tasted just like your usual lemonade. I guess it had to be cayenne pepper to give the good ‘ol lemonade a kick.

The salmon donburi captured my heart and tummy! I will definitely visit this place again.

Your Local is located at 106 Esteban St. Legaspi Village, Makati City. Call 823 6206 or +63917 8109002 to reserve. It is open Mondays to Fridays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m..

Your Local Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha that's the Singaporean style carrot cake! want to know something else? no carrots were used in this "cake" instead its made out of turnip/radish which is called "white carrot" in chinese :P

    ReplyDelete

Comments or other recommendations? :)