Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One Yummy Project: Creating your own burger

If only school projects are as tasty as this, I would have been a straight-A student from preschool to college.

We were now on our second stop of our Teacher’s Village Food Trip and the next destination was The Burger Project. With an attempt to burn some of the samgyeopsal we ate earlier, we decided to walk. (Well, the joint was pretty near the eat all you can place. Let’s say about 100 steps away?)
We were greeted by a plain looking signage with The Burger Project name on it. It didn’t really make me utter wow or anything. I just knew that I was in the right place. 
Upon entering the joint though, it was another story. The glass window alone was screaming adorable. It had some stickers of the burger ingredients and a step-by-step guide on how to order. Get an order slip! Noted!
 When will the cuteness stop??? I would love to hang out here. If only there's a branch somewhere in Ortigas.
I asked for an order slip and I noticed that it was pretty elaborate. It has tick boxes for the patty (and you could choose from angus, beef, chicken or tofu—price range PHP75-PHP125), number of patties, type of bun, other ingredients and add-ons. On the side of the order slip, there are tick boxes for drinks like milk shake (PHP145) and other side dishes like fries (PHP60), buffalo wings (PHP150), mozzarella sticks (PHP140), sweet potato fries (PHP60) and onion rings (PHP65). 
I decided to get angus beef (PHP125) in a sesame seed bun (since it was free), mozzarella for cheese (add PHP35 per cheese), bacon for additional crunch (add PHP25 per premium topping), and burger staple—lettuce and tomato (free).
The fun part is that you can also name your burger. Still too full to think (since my energy was directed towards my tummy and not my brain), I named mine “The <3 Burger” without realizing that it was quite an embarrassing name as the server shouted out “THE LOVE BURGER”. For some reason, it didn’t sound right. 
Most of the blogs I’ve read about this joint emphasize how juicy the meat was or how big the burgers were. It never occurred to me that it was not an exaggeration. My burger was… well, quite big for a person who just came out of an eat all you can place. Good thing I ticked “to go”.

Anyway, introducing… The <3 Burger.
Angus Beef. Sesame Bun. Mozzarella Cheese. Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato. YUM!
The meat was indeed juicy and tender. It was cooked well. It was a tad bit salty though—just order a milkshake and problem solved! Also, I think I should have chosen cheddar over mozzarella cheese to complement the bacon better.
Nonetheless, it was still burger love at first sight. I will definitely try the buffalo wings and other side dishes and milkshake soon. Another Teacher’s Village food trip is a must before the year ends. 
Must try these next time.
The Burger Project is located at 122 Maginhawa St. Teacher’s Village, Quezon City

8 comments:

  1. Grabe a few minutes after eating in all you can eat restaurant you went to this place, Impressive. :) I guess "The love burger" would be sound better if it was a set for couples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well single people can also love themselves right? Okay, that sounds weird too. I don't want to call it SSB burger. It sounds so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we should love ourselves the most hahaha but if related to the love burger yeah it sounds weird. hahaha. SSB burger, It will change eventually. :) Change nalang "The" to "I", I love burger not bad right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Marvin: I Love Burger? It lacks impact. Hahaha. Hmmm...
    @pinkcookies: Super! Make sure you get angus beef. It was burger heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you burger, Can? Hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha. Pwede. Or My Big Fat Burger. (Hmm... sounds lame)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha pwede but I love you burger is much better. LOL cute ng place sana nga meron something like that in ortigas.

    ReplyDelete

Comments or other recommendations? :)