Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Restaurant Love: Olive Tree Kitchen & Bar

It has been quite a while since I last saw A and we just have to catch up for a girls day out. (Sorry, I have a curfew so it can’t be a night out.) We decided to go for a mini spa date but ended up having an early dinner with drinks at Olive Tree Kitchen & Bar and arcade afterwards. So much for a girly day.

It has been 8 months since I last visited this restaurant and I could say that I loved the dishes I tasted. It was slightly on the expensive side given we only ordered two appetizers and iced tea but our bill was over PHP800. However, we didn’t really mind since the food was great.
This time around, we ordered Prawns and Chorizo Pasta (PHP599), Salmon Benedict Salad (PHP395) and Pumpkin and Pea Soup (PHP239). We also got Almond Cream Pie (PHP150) for A and Ginger-Lychee Mojito (PHP150) for me.

A’s soup arrived first and she allowed me to take a sip. I was supposed to say no but it’s hard to resist pumpkin.
The texture was quite rough because of the pea so it’s not that advisable for people who have a nasty case of cough. The taste was light too but it was creamy and heavy.
The Salmon Benedict was delightful. Okay, I’m biased as it has salmon. But I never had salad with poached egg. It was pleasantly different. The greens were fresh too. Plus the hollandaise sauce was great!
The Prawns and Chorizo pasta was tasty as well. The serving was generous so at PHP599, it wasn’t a bad deal after all. The pasta was cooked al dente and as a fan of garlic-y food, it delighted my tastebuds. The prawns were not as fresh as I wanted though but it wasn’t bad.

Now for the drinks…
I didn’t get much from A’s drink but if I recall it right, she liked it.

My mojito was quite refreshing too but the vodka’s taste was very strong. (Not that I’m complaining.) Diners who prefer alcoholic drinks that do not taste like alcohol might want to ask the bartender to lessen the usual portion of vodka.
Again, it was a great meal. I’ll be back again hopefully soon.

Olive Tree Kitchen & Bar is located at the Ground Floor, B3, Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)