Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Date with Chuck

I just love shopping turned food trip with friends. Unexpected. Happy tummies. What’s not to love?

A friend and I planned on checking several bazaars last Saturday but food has always been a concern. “Where will we eat or have snacks?” has always been part of the plan. This time, since I hardly frequent BGC, my friend suggested having lunch at Chuck’sDeli
I’ve never been to Chuck’s Deli but I’ve heard that they serve great sandwiches thus I was so excited to finally check the place out. 
We were greeted by cute blackboard walls with very nice handwriting with Christmas greetings, announcements, specials, and the names of the 5-minute challenge winners.
We ordered Adobo Dobol (PHP255 for half slab and PHP495 for full slab) and Off the Hook (PHP225 for half slab and PHP445 for full slab). Each slabwich gets a free sidekick of either onion rings or  We also tried the Raspberry and Peach Iced Tea Slush (PHP65 each).
Our orders arrived in less than 10 minutes. The first ones served were the sidekicks. The potato chips and onion rings were definitely comfort food. It appeased our angry tummies. The garlic dip was good too.
 As for the slabwiches…
The Off the Hook (based on the menu: beer-battered fish with dill pickles, garlic sauce, and malt vinegar greens) was quite good for those who like seafood. The light flavor of the fish fillet, crunchy coating, and the tanginess of the pickles and greens made it one interesting slabwich. The fish fillet was a bit bland though.
The Adobo Dobol (based on the menu: pulled pork adobo with crunchy adobo flakes with tomatoes, cucumber, shredded lettuce, mustard mayo and adobo oil) was very good! I loved the crunchy adobo flakes and how well it complemented everything else. I’m the type of person who loves putting Pik-Nik in my tuna or chicken sandwich just to add crunch thus this slabwich was perfect for me. It was salty yet sweet, chewy yet crunchy. It was simply delightful! I love love love this slabwich!

The downside of the slabwiches though was that the bread was too thick for me. It made me full in no time. In the end, I found myself eating the fillings and leaving my plate with slabwiches without the slab.
As for the drinks, I found my Raspberry Iced Tea Slush a bit too sweet. I had to wait for the ice to melt as to dilute the syrup. BUT, the drink was really tasty. I just hoped that they toned down the sweetness to make it a good thrist quencher.
See you again soon!
Chuck’s Deli is located at the Ground Floor, Serendra, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)