Monday, December 14, 2015

Love at First Bite: Lulu

I love birthdays. It’s the day of the year when I feel special. I spoil myself with sweets and a gift or two. But more than that, I love making the people I love special on their special day. This is why I had big plans for R’s big day. But it was ruined by APEC when they cancelled my flight back to Manila and I had to stay in Seoul for 4 more days. *cries* Good thing, I have Plan B ready.

Hello, Lulu (now named as Catch)!
I spotted a deal on Lulu’s scrumptious steak while checking Deal Grocer a few months back and figured it would be a great meal to share with R on his special day. For PHP1,800, we get 600 grams of Lulu’s rib eye steak and two sides—garden salad and one of your choice.
Since I missed R’s actual birthday, I made dinner reservations at Lulu the following night and it was perfect as we were the only ones in the restaurant. It was as if I reserved the whole place for us. Sweet!

It was a bit chilly that night so we opted to order a bowl of Organic Squash Soup (PHP250) along with our U.S. Prime Angus Rib Eye with garden salad and truffled fries.
The squash soup was served first and it was pretty good! It was slightly creamy with a bit of earthy flavor from the spices. I enjoyed it the crisp toasted bread.
The rib eye steak was served after quite some time. I think it took them at least 20 minutes to serve the steak but when it was served… wow oh wow~
It was huge! I was scared that 300 grams might be a bit too small for us but I was wrong. Pairing the steak with truffled fries made the dish even heavier.

We asked them to make our steaks medium rare and it was spectacular! I loved how soft and juicy the steak was. Each bite was succulent and packed with flavor from the rich mushroom gravy sauce. I just kept having one mouthful of steak after another like someone who was deprived of food for days. I also loved smothering the seasoned fries with the thick gravy. It was a lovely meal.

And to cap our night, the Lulu team gave us a complimentary Lemon Glazed Cheesecake with Grilled Lemon (PHP250).
The lemon cheesecake was probably one of the best cheesecakes I’ve had! It had the right amount of tanginess (that also cleanses the palate) and the crunchy bottom was divine! Too bad though that we had to rush eating this dessert as our ride was already waiting for us. (I just couldn’t tell R that I had one last surprise in store for him. But it worked and made him smile! Yay!)
Overall, it was a great dinner, yummy dessert and an awesome deal! I can’t wait to dine here again soon!

Lulu (now Catch) is located at Ground Floor, V Corporate Center, 125 L.P. Leviste Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City. Contact them via their website www.luluresto.com for inquiries or reservation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)