Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Finally... Wildflour Café + Bakery

[Continuation of Black Saturday food trip] We were already starting to get full when we were on our way to our last stop. I persuaded the group that we walk (since I love talking walks, yes, even here in Manila) to the last stop. But the heat made A want to take a cab and M and T agreed. It was 1:3 so we took a cab in the end.

Hello, Wildflour Café + Bakery!
As a foodie, I feel slightly embarrassed to say that this is my first trip to the croughnut paradise spot, Wildflour. Every time I plan to visit this place, it gets cancelled. But last Black Friday was not one of those days. I finally made it!

Since we were still pretty full, T and M decided to go for just desserts and drinks. However, A and I decided to order pasta with our cakes and drinks. T and M shared a slice of Salted Chocolate Cake (PHP195), A went for the Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie (PHP190) and Mac n’ Cheese (PHP280) while I went for the Cheesecake Flan (PHP195), a cup of iced Hazelnut Chocolate (PHP160) and Rustichella Squid Ink Spaghetti (PHP450). Yes, A and I were full too. (But we managed to find a bit of space somewhere.)
While waiting, a complimentary plate of bread with salted butter was served. I love that it was served warm and it sure made me forget that I was full. Munching on the fragrant bread with butter topped with rock salt was delish!

Soon, our orders arrived.

The serving of the hazelnut chocolate drink was not as much as I thought it would be given the price but it was definitely creamy and tasty.
The Rustichella Squid Ink Spaghetti was flavorful as well. However, they ran out of clams when I visited. They added extra shrimps instead and as a shrimp lover, I had no reason to complain. The pasta had a nice mix of textures—crunchy, smooth, and slightly gummy or chewy.
I loved the Cheesecake Flan best! It was a cross between leche flan and cheesecake. It was tangy yet sweet at the same time. I actually wouldn’t mind if they skip the caramel sauce as I fell in love with the tanginess of the cheesecake.
T & M’s Salted Chocolate Cake is the definition of moist chocolate cake. It was dense and rich in flavor. I think it was a great call that they opted to share it as the slice was huge. (Ugh! I am drooling just remembering this one!)
A’s Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie reminded me of Banapple's pie. I really love the mix of textures—from the crunchy crust to the soft whipped cream and banana slices to the slightly rough peanut butter spread.
Honestly, I forgot the taste of the MacN’ Cheese A was raving about. I’m not so sure if it didn’t give a striking impression or if I was just too full to enjoy it. I guess I have to order it again to remember. (Excuses.)

Overall, it was a great last stop to cap the food trip. Now, who’s game for another round of food trip?

Wildflour Café + Bakery is located at 4th Ave. corner 26th St. Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)