Friday, April 10, 2015

Sweet Ending: Florabel

I love people who love sweets. Ice cream, chocolates, cake, cookies, brownies, and more ice cream!!! I love chocolates so much that I once tried the “chocolate diet.” Well, I don’t think it exists but I tried to eat nothing but chocolates for a few days. (Yes, it was a bad idea but I had no regrets.) And a few weeks ago, I met a group who share the same love for sweets. <3

Hello, Florabel.

I recall that the only time I went inside Florabel was for a meeting with the people handling Magnum. And since the meeting was held after lunch, I just had a glass of… water. (And Magnum of course!)
This time though, we had some sweet meal enders. And we ordered quite a lot! S1, S2, S3 and D were the ones who chose the desserts and they picked Frozen Brazo de Mercedes (PHP225), Chocolate Mud Pie (PHP320), Crème Brûlée Torte with Fruits in Season (PHP245), Moist Yema Chocolate Cake (PHP275), Valrhona Chocolate Tartlet with Mango Chutney (PHP335), and Chocnut Torte (PHP245).
The Frozen Brazo de Mercedes tasted a bit too egg-y. (Sorry, I couldn’t think of a better term for this.) Perhaps I also compare it with the one I had from Spätzle. I liked the custard though and the contrast of the frozen meringue with the crunchy graham crust.
The Crème Brûlée Torte was so-so for me. It was probably my least favorite that night. It had a slight burnt taste but the fruits were fresh.
I enjoyed the Valrhona Chocolate Tartlet. The dark chocolate ganache was so rich and I like its contrast with sea salt. I didn’t touch the mango chutney that much though as it had that weird tangy taste that didn’t seem to go so well with the tartlet.
The Chocnut Torte was great too! Milk chocolate mousse with a hint of chocnut topped with caramel popcorn with dark chocolate sauce and berry coulis… it was a combination made by food gods. The best thing was it wasn’t that sweet too!
One of the popular desserts that night was the yema cake. I actually prefer Slice’s yema cake but this one wasn’t bad at all. It was very moist and the dulce de leche added flavor to the cake.
But my favorite was the Chocolate Mud Pie. The creamy dark chocolate fudge ice cream topped with chocolate shards, graham crumbs and rocky road cookie was the best! Since it was dark chocolate, it wasn’t that sweet too though it could be a bit too overwhelming with the chocolate shards and cookie.
Overall, it was a great way to start the long weekend. It was a fun night with new friends. :)

Florabel is located at Ground Floor, Estancia Mall, Capitol Commons, Oranbo, Pasig City.

Florabel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. All of them looks delicious!

    --

    nhengswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments or other recommendations? :)