Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Restaurant Love: Kettle

It has been a long while since I last visited Kettle. I think it has been almost a year! 2014 went by so fast. It was filled with so many changes, learning, challenges and a lot of food finds! I still remember the food I ordered in Kettle. The Mac and Four Cheese and the Buttermilk Fried Chicken definitely stood out. Anyway, since it was almost a year, it was time to visit again.

Hello, Kettle!
This time around, we decided to order the following: Oven Roasted Squash Soup (PHP269), Angus Roast beef Hash (PHP539), Angus Roast beef Sandwich (PHP459), Miso Glazed Salmon (PHP569), a carafe of green iced tea (PHP179), and a slice of Checkered Cake (PHP209).

First served was the iced tea.
It had a strong green tea taste that made it slightly bitter. In short, my sister didn’t like it.
Next served was the soup. I liked that it was creamy and the tidbits of shrimp added texture to the dish. It was heavenly!
Okay, my family loves roast beef. They ordered roast beef sandwich and roast beef hash. I was telling them that only one should order but no one wanted to change. *sigh* Fine.
After trying both, I realized that the only difference was that the sandwich was cheesier and that it had a banana inside making it a bit sweet. The hash was potato overload with the oh-so-soft-and-savory roast beef. The hash was also topped with a fried egg. Both were great but I would be more inclined to order the roast beef hash as it would be easier to share.

Finally, my salmon was served.
It was love at first sight. I loved the contrast of the slightly salty salmon with the mango cilantro salsa. The cold soba was also refreshing. The different textures and flavors went well together making this one of my favorite dishes to date.
The cake though was a disappointment. It tasted fine but it was somewhat dry for a cake. I guess it wasn’t from a new batch.

I’ll definitely visit again though for more of that salmon!

Kettle is located at 5th Floor, East Wing, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)