Thursday, November 27, 2014

First Bite; Size Matters

You only live once. That’s pretty much the motto of the younger generations to justify their crazy antics. Lately, I feel that I have been doing the same thing with how I eat. I know that I have finally reached the stage where I have to be more careful with the food I eat. Hello, slow metabolism! However, I do not want to deprive myself of the delicious things in life so…

Hello, Size Matters.
I recall checking Size Matters out before with N during one of our food trips; but it didn’t exactly catch our fancy, we skipped it. But since E sounded so eager to visit the place (again), we decided to have dinner there instead of the failed Burp hunt.
The menu is quite simple and straightforward—a few burger selections, some rice meals, pasta and chicken. That’s it. Simple and easy.
I decided to go for The Works Burger (PHP299 for 1/3 lbs.) while E went for Breakfast in Bed Burger (PHP199 for ¼ lbs and PHP279 for ½ lbs.) then just added an additional PHP60 to make our meals “combo” to get a glass of 12 oz. house blend iced tea and fries. We also ordered a plate of lasagna (PHP159).

Given they were only serving two tables that night, service was pretty quick.

First served were our glasses of iced tea. True enough, it was not your usual Nestea. It had a stronger citrus taste.
Next served was the lasagna which I liked. It was somehow similar to the cheesy lasagna of Greenwich and Red Ribbon. Comfort food is always great.

The burgers arrived soon and both were pretty big.
The Works Burger was rather fat (and yes, fattening). I had a hard time getting a whole bite. I liked the Monterey Jack patty though as it was juicy and flavorful. I just hoped that the bacon strips were thinner and crispier.
E enjoyed The Breakfast in Bed Burger but it was too salty for me. It was interesting though as it had fried egg on it. Again, the bacon looked so foreign to me.

Overall though, it was a filling and worth-your-money dinner.

Size Matters is located at Ground floor, Ace Water Spa Building, Barangay Kapitolyo, Pasig City. 

Size Matters Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)