Sunday, April 20, 2014

An English Lunch for Two: TWG Tea Salon and Boutique

When I was younger, I love to play “tea party” with my toys as my guests. (Go blame my sister who was born 6 years later!) I do recall though that I had fun and served real food and air as tea. I guess that pretty much explains why I was a ball when I was a toddler. I never liked real tea though growing up as I found it too Chinese and I hated Chinese food when I was young. (Note: past tense.) But as I transformed to become a foodie I am now, I got so addicted to tea that every time a tea place opens up or when I pass by TWG, my heart skips a beat. Yes, I have a weird attachment to food.

Summer is here and it’s sizzling hot outside! Yet, all I want last Saturday was hot tea. So off I go to TWG to try another brunch set.
When I arrived, no one was there so I was slightly lonesome. I took my time reading the menu and read the inclusions per set. I went for the Governor set (PHP900) which includes a pot of Tea (I got Private Hour simply because I was alone), a glass of orange or apple juice, Chicken en Brochette, scones or muffins, and a choice of TWG Tea patisserie from the trolley (I chose the strawberry tart).
My tea and main course arrived when A messaged me that she was near. She went for the NY Breakfast Tea, Garden Lasagna (PHP350) and a plate of steak that we both forgot its name.

My tea was indeed green tea based and I love that it has a trace of strawberry flavor. What I do not like about it though is that the pot cannot keep the tea warm for a long period. It was lukewarm by the time I was done with my chicken.
And speaking of chicken, the Chicken en Brochette was superb. The meat was tender, juicy and flavorful. I enjoyed the wholegrain mustard as well. It was like eating chicken kebab English-style. Even the capsicum was delightful!
(By the way, I can’t share A’s delectable dishes as I wasn’t able to try them. The lasagna though was reviewed here.)

Next served were my pastries.
The scones were pretty hard and the tea jelly was rather minty. I’m not sure if my taste buds failed me but it was not to my liking. The strawberry tart though was really delicious. I love the crunchy crust and the smooth cream. The strawberry garnish was the last one I ate simply because I was saving the best for last. 
Two breakfast sets down, many more to go!

TWG is located at 2nd Floor, East Wing, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City.

TWG Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)