Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Restaurant Discovery: Early Bird Breakfast Club

Never skip breakfast. That’s something our parents always tell us. But with the boom of breakfast-all-day restaurants, this is one reminder that we will definitely remember.

I just love meetings outside the office as it helps me think better and churn out more ideas. And I just love that my officemates are such great foodies that they know the best restaurants.
 
One day, we had a meeting for Real Living’s big celebration and our group publisher (GP) decided that we hold the meeting at Early Bird, a cute restaurant that serves breakfast food… all day long.
 
The place sure is charming. It is screaming Real Living with its printed wallpapers and nice furniture. The lighting fixtures are cute too!
 
For my order, I decided to get the Tenderloin Tapa (PHP375). I hesitated though given that I want a dish with bacon but since GP ordered bacon crisps with maple syrup (forgot to take note of the price though), tapa it is! As for my beverage, I went for Early Bird Signature Iced Tea (PHP125).

The food presentations were so cute!
 
The bacon crisps were placed in a jar with the maple syrup in a shot glass.  It was hard to dip the bacon though.  As for the taste and texture, the bacon strips were crispy and it wasn’t overly salty making it a good appetizer. Dipping it in maple syrup made a good contrast in flavors but I prefer to eat it as is.
 
As for my meal, the rice was placed in a clear glass cup and to be honest, it was slightly hard to eat from there. The tapa was marinated well. It was slightly sweet so sprinkling it with vinegar made it extra delightful. The sliced veggies added texture and crunch to the meal.
 
When we were about to finish our meal, GP craved for something sweet and since T and I love desserts, we immediately ordered for Nutella Cheesecake (PHP350).

Again, the presentation was cute! They did not scrimp in Nutella as you can definitely taste it. With the crunchy biscuit base topped with cream cheese and Nutella, what could go wrong? Well, a few inches around the waist but nothing else!

Early Bird’s house iced tea was great too! It was refreshing and sweetened just right.

I can’t wait to try their other dishes.

Early Bird is located at Unit C Ground Floor, Fort Pointe 2 Building, The Fort Complex, 28th St. Fort Bonifacio, Taguig.

Early Bird Breakfast Club Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The Yin and Yang champorado? I heard it's good! :)

      Delete
  2. i agree with the rice! I had to pour mine on an empty plate to be able to eat it properly haha come over and visit me there are a lot of breakfast places here :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments or other recommendations? :)