Sunday, December 18, 2011

My date with Five Guys!

Writing this entry made me realize that I practically ate nothing but burgers in the States. But, I just have to try this one as I heard that this was the favorite of Obama. Yeah!
 
It was our first day in Florida when we decided to go shopping for a bit. So off we go to this big outlet mall carrying Nike, Adidas, Skechers, Converse, Forever21, Payless and so much more.
Our last meal then was a 6am breakfast at IHOP, a diner famous for their pancakes. Since we were trying to save money for the chocolate sale on the first of November, we opted to have lunch at the food court. There my mom saw Five Guys. She shared with us how it was the favorite burger of Obama and that she tried it in Washington (I think).
Fine. Let’s try the President’s favorite burger chain. We were too hungry to argue or look for another restaurant or food stall anyway.
 
I ordered a Bacon Cheeseburger ($6.39) with lettuce, tomatoes, grilled onions and ketchup as garnish and a large Five Guys Style Fries ($4.39). The server that time was pretty rude and made me miss L.A. so much.

Anyway, back to the burger…
The burger was pretty good. The patty was fresh and juicy. The bacon was crisp and added crunch. The vegetables were fresh making each bite delightful. It was also not salty at all. Plus, the burger was really big thus quite filling. 
My sister loved the fries. It was the loveable "real potatoes" fries. See the potato skin? Yummy!

Their slogan “Good Burger No Doubt It’s A Delicious Surprise!!” was true and not overrated in any way. From the patty to the garnish… it was LOVE. No wonder Obama loves it.

For more details, visit http://www.fiveguys.com.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Admin,
    This is very nice and informative post. These tips are very useful for everyone.
    Five Guys for sale

    ReplyDelete

Comments or other recommendations? :)