Thursday, August 14, 2014

Love at First Bite: Pink Egg Episodes' Mayura Wagyu Burger

I love burgers! I eat it with my hands and not utensils. (Well, fine, except when the restaurant is too posh or when the burger is too darn fat that even my widest *aaaah* will not make half of it fit in.) And I got so giddy when I saw the post of J about this Mayura Wagyu burger. The photo alone made me drool and since they only have limited quantity of the patties, they have to pre-sell tickets. Limited burger patties? Too tempting to let it pass. So I bought the last two tickets! And I sure had a hard time finding another person to get the extra ticket from me given it cost PHP1,000. (Thank you, N!)
Mayura Wagyu is known to be a brand of full-blood Wagyu beef. These cows stay in a 5-star cow hotel and sleep on comfy sawdust-cushioned floor while listening to soothing music and are fed with Cadbury chocolates and gummy bears. By living the good life, these happy cows make our tummies happy too.
It was Pink Egg Episodes' turn to make foodies happy the second time around when they had a part two of their pop-up event that features this top grade burger at Yardstick in Makati.
I arrived a few minutes after 11 a.m. and the place was packed! There were no tables available so I was forced to get a bar seat instead after getting my ticket.
After 20 minutes or so, I finally got my burger and it sure was big hence the need to use the utensils. 
I ate the bun and the patty separately as I just can't stuff both at the same time. Eventually, I gave up on the bun and focused on the generous serving of foie gras and Mayura Wagyu.
The patty was juicy and definitely of good quality. It was just seasoned with a bit too much salt. The foie gras though was fantastic! Look at the generous serving of foie gras!!!

I finished my burger first before I claimed my drink. (Yes, you get a free drink with your ticket.)  
I was in the mood for coffee that day but it was super hot as well. So, to compromise, I went with the Yard Shake which is basically a coffee shake. 
Sadly, it was a bit too rough on the throat that I didn't enjoy it that much. I'll visit again though and try the other drinks soon.
I can't wait for another rerun of this event. But I'll probably share the calories with someone. I felt so guilty after finishing my burger. I just ate a cow that was spoiled with Cadbury chocolates and gummy bears! >.<

-Gluttonshopper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)