Friday, October 30, 2015

When in Hong Kong: Charlie Brown Café

I have lived in Seoul, South Korea for a few months and I never had a chance to visit a cute café throughout my whole stay. Vending machine was my friend, companion, and favorite barista. And the 250 Won price tag on coffee was hard to resist. And so when I saw my friends post photos of their visits in Hello Kitty Café or Charlie Brown Café, the foodie in me bawled in the ugliest way possible. I remember that I saw Hello Kitty Café and Charlie Brown Cafe in Incheon Airport on my way to LA. I wanted to take photos with the adorable merchandise. But since I travelled alone, I wasn’t able to take a selfie with the cafés. (I was also too shy to ask since I had no plans of buying.) Then again, during my recent Hong Kong trip, I got to visit one of the cute cafés and this time, I have someone to share the experience with!

Hello, Charlie Brown Café!
I was hesitant at first to try this place since the food’s quite pricey for its serving size. But I guess R sensed that I really want to visit this place so we stopped here before heading to Ocean Terminal for our cruise.

The stairs alone already made me stop to take quick snapshots of the mini statues of Snoopy and friends.
When we went to the third floor, we were greeted by a mini fountain adorned by Peanuts merchandise.
The ceiling too is worth mentioning as it is beautiful.
We decided to get a glass of Caramel Coffee Frappa (HK$41, grande) and Tiramisu Cup (HK$40).
The Tiramisu was fluffy and light. It goes well with a flavorful drink. But as is, it might be a bit bland for those with sweet tooth. It was hard to eat this though. 
I mean it has Charlie Brown’s face on it. Plus the price kinda hurts (given it’s such a small cake).
I enjoyed the caramel coffee frappa a lot! It was a great drink to cool us down. (It was quite hot in Hong Kong when we visited.) It was sweet yet not too sweet and you could definitely taste the coffee flavor. There were also small bits of ice you get to munch on for texture.
After enjoying our snack, we went crazy over the merchandise. It was a selfie paradise! We took photos of the various merchandise displays in the café. 
I even took photos of the tables…
…and washroom!
It was a lovely and memorable stop. I can’t wait to visit Hello Kitty Café in Seoul!
Charlie Brown Café is located at 58-60 Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. It is open from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. For inquiries and reservation, contact them at +852 2366 6325.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)