Monday, September 29, 2014

Coffee Shop Love: Yardstick

My good friends know that one of the things that make me happy is coffee. I get so giddy whenever I'm in a coffee shop. 

My favorite Dragon Lady, T, and I went to Yardstick after having a filling dinner at Your Local
I have been here already when I tried the Mayura burger. But since I was in a hurry and was awkwardly alone (I was the only person without a companion for over 30 minutes when I visited) I wasn't able to try their coffee except for the Yard Shake which made my throat itch. 
This time, I tried the White Coffee (PHP140) and a slice of Revel Bar (PHP80).
They served the coffee without any sweetener and T encouraged me to taste it sugar-free and it was... eeek! Okay, I like my coffee sweetened. 

With a teaspoonful of sugar, my coffee became more tolerable and it was pretty good. It wasn't strong as Starbucks where I had to put several packs of sugar just to make it drinkable. But it wasn't as naturally sweet as the one from Local Edition.
The revel bar was something else though. I really enjoyed it. The texture of oatmeal and the sweetness of chocolate were delightful. What T and I loved the most was that the bar was moist unlike most revel bars. This is a must order companion to your coffee

I will definitely be back to try the waffles.

See you again soon, Yardstick! <3

Yardstick is located at 106 Esteban St. Legaspi Village, Makati City.
Yardstick Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)