Monday, March 9, 2015

Restaurant Discovery: Tweedle Book Café

As I grow older (and hopefully wiser and more mature), I find myself spending more and more time with friends in tea or coffee shops. I go fan girl crazy whenever I discover a quaint café. It gets more squeals if the café has cute décor or adorable names for dishes. (Okay, disregard being more mature.) Tweedle Book Café in Quezon City gets a lot of points for bringing out the geek in me.

Hello, Tweedle Book Café!
Ever since my schoolmate J posted her newest business venture on Facebook, I kept bugging people to accompany me visit the place. (I could do it on my own but the possibility of getting lost is high.) But finally, after several weeks (or was it months?) of pestering with love, I finally got to visit the place!
I wanted to try its savory dishes but I had too much for lunch at Haru. Instead, I tried the Chocolate Lava Cake with Salted Caramel ice cream (PHP220) and a cup of Latte (PHP140).
While waiting for my meal, I checked the décor and noticed that the different clocks show the time of different fictional places like Rivendell from Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Paradiso from the Divine Comedy. There’s even Whoville!
Harry Potter fans will go crazy with the Platform 9 ¾ wall.
The book selection was so amusing as well. I spotted Hunger Games cookbook!
Now for my afternoon snack…

The lava cake wasn’t visually appetizing but the server recommended it so I figured it must be one of the bestsellers. And it tasted like it.
The lava cake went well with the salted caramel ice cream and it had that delightful chewy texture. A bit on the sweet side, it would go well with coffee (preferably strong) or tea.
My latte was quite good too. It wasn’t the fancy ooh-la-la type of coffee but it kept me up. The coffee art needs a bit of practice though.
I can’t wait to try the savory dishes next time!

Tweedle Book Café is located at 106B Scout Gandia, Diliman, Quezon City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)