Thursday, August 29, 2013

Love At First Bite: Mesclun Bistro

It has been a while since my last entry as I have been trying to lead a more active lifestyle and I'm dead tired by the time I get home. I'm happy to share though that finally, I have a bit of arm muscles! Woohoo! Those hours of planking, low push ups and whatnot poses finally paid off! However, practicing yoga and going to the gym surrounded by amazing restaurants is a huge temptation. I usually end up having two breakfasts or a heavy lunch (plus dessert at times).
I met up with N one rainy Saturday afternoon after a (kind of) relaxing yoga. The weather was crazy as it was the time typhoon Maring was making its grand entrance felt. N and I were planning to check the Fort Strip for new restaurants but since we only have one umbrella to share, we ended up stuck in Serendra. Luckily, N remembered Mesclun, a restaurant a lot of people raved about. I recall seeing a lot of posts about it and I was curious myself.

So, Mesclun it is. 
It took us quite a while to decide on what to order as everything seems so tempting. There were different pizza, salad, pasta, and mains to choose from. At first we ordered Grilled Salmon Steak (PHP645) and eventually decided to cancel it for a Four Cheese Sourdough Pizza (PHP345). We also ordered Goat Cheese Salad (PHP455) and Sisig Spaghetti (PHP245). I also ordered a Power Shake (PHP195) to give me well, uh, power!

While waiting, we were given complimentary bread and butter with herbs. It was such a great start as the bread alone was tasty!

The Power Shake, a combination of apple, cucumber, and lettuce was very refreshing as well. I just hope that they pulsed it a bit more as there are some chunks that get stuck in the straw that made sipping a bit challenging.
First served was the salad which we asked to be split into two. The serving was pretty generous. The arugula was fresh and the basil vinaigrette divine. I enjoyed munching on the greens with the soft and warm goat cheese. The walnuts also added texture to the salad. I just didn't like the black pepper.

The pizza was EXCELLENT. It was my first time to eat a savory cheese pizza. Most of the ones I tried before were more on the bland side--meaning it taste like bread. This one though has a very rich cheese taste. It was slightly tangy and really chewy. It was love! Mozzarella, Fontina, Gorgonzola, Goat Cheese...yummy!!!
 
Now how do you describe rejoicing taste buds? That's what I felt when I had a forkful of the sisig spaghetti. It was creamy, savory, and slightly crunchy. It was really great. Though I don't advice that you order one for yourself. It's best to be shared as it is too tasty that you'll get tired of it after half a bowl. 
Now with the buffalo balls, bacon flammekeuche, and salmon on my "target food list", I will definitely be back!
Oh, and whoever served us last time, thank you so much for your patience and understanding. We fickle-minded customers really appreciate that! *hug*

Mesclun Bistro is located at Ground Floor Serendra, 11th Avenue, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig. Call 954-2100 for reservations (just to make sure you get a table).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)