Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sunday Lunch: Chef's Quarter

I just love celebrating all kinds of occasions—from Halloween to Christmas, from Valentine’s Day to Black Day. Last month, T and I celebrated Children’s Day and that means be a bit kiddie.
 
Okay, admittedly, we didn’t really do much that day as it was scorching hot outside and playing, biking, or even walking anywhere al fresco style was deadly. I repeat, deadly! 
Anyway, after a crazy 4D ride, T and I decided to have lunch at Chef’s Quarter (now named as Uncle Cheffy). It didn’t take us long to decide what to order. After 5 minutes, we ordered the following: Tessie Tomas Salad (PHP250, solo), Seafood Lovers Panizza (PHP280), and Spaghetti Putanesca (PHP220). 

Service was quite quick as well. In less than 15 minutes, our salad was served.
 
For a solo, the serving of salad was pretty generous as T and I each had a hearty portion of the salad. The vegetables were crisp and fresh. Same was true with the shrimp, salmon and shiitake mushrooms. Just the salmon alone made me drool! The dressing wasn’t overly tangy too making it enjoyable to eat.
 
The  panizza is also a steal for its price. T and I had a hard time finishing it as the panizza was quite big (and it being thin crust didn’t help). I enjoyed stuffing mine witih alfalfa sprouts. I wasn’t able to taste the squid, mussels and salmon that much. Perhaps it was overpowered by the shrimp? But you can’t deny the seafood taste. The serving of cheese was very generous too and it was something I really liked about it.
 
The pasta on the other hand was savory. I enjoyed every (uhm…) forkful of it! The pasta was rich in flavor (note: I just love tomatoes as I grew up having it as my afternoon snack) and I loved the peppered chicken. It’s a must order! 

T and I decided to have dessert elsewhere but if you plan to have your sweet endings here, try the brazo de Mercedes. :)

Chef’s Quarter (now Uncle Cheffy) is located at 3rd floor, SM Megamall Atrium, Mandaluyong City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)