Wednesday, July 27, 2016

First Bite: 7107 Culture + Cuisine

I have been planning to visit 7107 Culture + Cuisine ever since I read some articles about this hip place. Restaurants that offer Filipino favorites with a twist (such as Locavore and Kartilya) never fail to get my attention. The only thing that keeps me from visiting this place is its odd and inconvenient location. It is inside Treston International College along University Parkway, Fort Bonifacio. But after reading yet another article and drooling over its mouthwatering menu, I had to brave the heat and visit this place ASAP. 
Hello, 7107 Culture + Cuisine
I was greeted by nice colorful interiors in contrast with warm wood wall accents, grey oak tables and metal chairs. The overall look of the place is very chic. 
There is also a sari-sari store inside where you could buy some local goods.
I wasn't really hungry and just wanted to try an appetizer, one rice bowl and dessert. (Yep, I wasn't hungry that time.) I was planning to get Bulalo V2.0 rice bowl but they removed it from the rice bowl category. I was not surprised though as they priced it at PHP149 which seemed very cheap for a deconstructed bulalo dish. I then eyed Spinach and Goat Cheese Lumpia (PHP215) but figured it might be better to be ordered when I'm with someone to share it with. I was worried that reheating it will affect the crunchiness of the lumpia wrapper. 

So I ended up with Malunggay Pestocino (PHP275) and Maja Blanca Panna Cotta (PHP115) for dessert. I skipped appetizer as I didn't want to ruin my appetite for dinner. 
Service was quick but a bit messed up as first served was my dessert.
The maja blanca panna cotta, topped with corn and pinipig, was served on a tin cup on a wooden board. The consistency of the panna cotta was lovely. It was soft yet firm. 
The texture was silky and it was also creamy because of the carabao milk used. The corn and pinipig were the elements that would remind you of maja blanca. I also love these as it added crunch to the light dessert. It wasn't too sweet too making it a great option for the grandparents. Serving size seemed to be a bit small but fair for its price. 
My pasta was served around 10 minutes after and it looked pretty good. It was packed with pesto and topped with generous serving of chicken tocino
It was not love at first bite though as my first forkful was a bland mouthful of oily green pasta. To enjoy this dish, make sure that you get enough chicken tocino for a slight contrast of that herby taste from the pesto and sweet flavor of the meat. 
Overall, it was a pleasant dining experience despite a few boo boos. The servers were nice though not as attentive as they could be given that I was the only customer then. The place was also a bit warm in the afternoon so best to dine here at night. 

7107 Culture + Cuisine is located at Ground Floor, Treston International College, University Parkway, 32nd Street, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.

7107 Culture + Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)