Monday, September 8, 2014

Restaurant Love: The Nest

I am definitely not a South girl. I only go there to visit my aunt and occasionally visit ATC when it’s too hot in their lanai. However, I have been hearing a lot of good word about the restaurants in BF Homes and even those near my aunt’s place. Then N told me that he works for The Nest. After his sales talk, I was sold. Actually, the phrase “pesto stuffed salmon” was enough to convince me.

Two of my foodie friends and I agreed to have a mini South food trip to celebrate their birthdays. We all met at 9 a.m. along Pearl Drive in Ortigas and we were with a bunch of Korean kids who seem to be on their way to the beach. (Not our thing so we were not jealous at all.) After a quick breakfast, we were off.
After 30 minutes of driving, we made it to The Nest.

The place was practically empty with only two tables occupied. So we had all the freedom to take photos of the place. The view was spectacular!
It didn’t take us long to decide what to order. K ordered Pan Grilled Chicken and Garlic Steak (PHP380) while E went with the Salmon and Lapu-Lapu Duo (PHP670). I ordered Truffle Scented Tomato Basil Soup (PHP165) and Pesto Stuffed Salmon Steak (PHP575). I held back with the dessert as I felt shy since my two kuya/ahya/big brothers will pay for my meal. It made me wonder if I am now bound to treat them on my birth month. 

First served was the soup.
It had a strong tomato taste and it was also a bit spicy that made me cough a bit. But it was light and great as an appetizer. I didn’t get to sniff the truffle though.
Next served were our dishes. After taking a few pictures of each plate, we started eating.
The pan grilled chicken was cooked well. It was tender and juicy. The strong taste of garlic made it so delectable. (Okay, I’m biased as I love garlic!)
The lapu-lapu in the Salmon and Lapu-Lapu duo was your usual lapu-lapu. Nothing special there. E didn’t give me some of his salmon because I ordered salmon as well.
My order though was love! I loved the generous stuffing and the salmon, though it was slightly hard on some parts was still juicy in the inside. (Okay, biased again as I prefer baked salmon.) I also loved the side vegetables.
Overall, we had a great lunch. Service was quick too. (Special mention to John who assisted us.)

The Nest is located at Vivere Hotel, 5102 Bridgeway Avenue, Filinvest City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)