Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Restaurant Love: Yabu House of Katsu

You better watch out, you better not cry. You better not pout, I’m telling you why. Christmas break is a few days away! Yeeeey! And I am now feeling it with all these Christmas dinners and meet ups. I love it! Come here holiday fats! *hug* :D

It has been a tradition in our department to organize a simple Christmas dinner where we share a nice meal together and exchange gifts. But since we were extra busy (and poor) this year, we decided to scrap the second one and just focused on the fattening part.
This time, we decided to have dinner at Yabu and since it’s not exactly a new restaurant, I made sure that I order something different. I remember a post on Yabu’s Menchi Katsu Burger (PHP380) and decided to get that one.

When we arrived, the early birds already secured a long table for us. (And it was not a picnic to get one as they waited for half an hour outside as Yabu requires them to place all our orders before getting a table).
It took a while before my dish was served. I was starving to the point of me feeling my cheekbones becoming more prominent and my tummy digesting my tummy. And to distract myself from the World War III happening inside my body, I decided to read the comic strip on the wall which was quite funny. (Katsu solves family feuds.)
And finally, my Menchi Katsu Burger arrived.
Menchi Katsu Burger is described by Yabu as “made with superior ground beef and pork, stuffed with creamy cheese, topped with shredded cabbage, shio leaves, Japanese pickles, spicy aioli and caramelized onion jam in a toasted brioche bun.” Doesn’t it sound so delectable? It also comes with Furikake French Fries with Japanese seasonings!
My officemates were curious about the burger and asked me if it was yummy after my first bite. I replied, “It’s okay. Nothing special.” Until it hit me… It was actually more than okay. It was scrumptious!
“Where were you when I still did not have these excess fats on my thighs and everywhere else?” That was the first question that came to mind when I had my second bite off my Menchi Katsu Burger. (Yep, not first. SECOND.)

The crunchy breading of the katsu was a perfect contrast to then soft bun. The tender and juicy patty with oozing cheese was addicting! I loved it with the veggies, especially the crisp shredded cabbage.

I want more!!!

Yabu is located at Sky Park, 5th Floor, SM Aura Premier, C5 Road corner 26th Street, McKinley Parkway, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.

Yabu Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)