Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Second Bite: Burgers & Brewskies

Living near Kapitolyo and the developing foodie area Capitol Commons has its perks. I have quick access to the good restaurants near Ortigas. However, it can pretty much damage the wallet as well. (I seriously need to save more!) I blame my I-say-no-to-food mentality.

Hello again, Burgers & Brewskies!
Mr. Flaker J suddenly wanted to have dinner because he was too hungry to drive back home. And since he knows that I’m the resident foodie who’s pretty much easy to drag around as long as food’s involved, he messaged me. Soon, we were in front of Burgers & Brewskies.
The place was pretty packed on a Thursday night. There was also a guy singing to add some good vibes on a “thirstday” night. We were lucky to get a table near the bar.

J decided to go for Call the Nurse (PHP280) while I got Neat burger (PHP180) and Krispy Pinkies (PHP175). I also got a glass of Classic Mojito (PHP140) while J went for a bottle of beer.
First served was the Krispy Pinkies and it was great! It’s basically chicken tenders but instead of the usual bread crumbs, they used Rice Krispies. As a fan of the crunchy treat, I loved this dish! I chose honey mustard as my dip.
My neat burger didn’t exactly look neat but it was such a treat! The juicy patty, roasted garlic aioli, mountain of onion confit and cheese sauce went well together. Note though that this is a bad breath monster. But who cares?! It was so good!
The mojito was sweeter than expected.
J loved his burger too! Click here for Burger & Brewskies’ Call the Nurse review.

Overall, it was a filling dinner. I’ll probably avoid having dinner here though as it was hard to talk with friends with the live music.

Burgers & Brewskies is located at Ground Floor, Estancia Mall, Capitol Commons, Oranbo, Pasig City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)