Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Game Night: Puzzles Board Game Lounge

I love board games and I could be very competitive too. That’s why I spent 9 hours in Ludo last year. But since I got busier with work, I wasn’t able to visit that puzzle heaven anymore. There are actually a lot of board game places now like Dyce N Dyne which I have yet to visit too. One night, C posted something that made the gamer in me so excited.

Puzzle Board Game Lounge now has a Fort Strip branch! Woohoo!
Since it’s quite near work, we decided to head there on the last day of work before the long weekend. And because we want to make sure that we have a table, C reserved one for a party of 8.

But when we arrived, 5 minutes before our reservation, there was no table available! The server and (I guess) the owner said that there were a few walk-ins and they accommodated them. It made me upset. What’s the point of reserving then? But what made matters worse was there was another party of three who walked in and they were given a table and seats before us (as soon as a table was cleared)! I told C that if I was not with them, I would have walked out already but since everyone was eager to play games and enjoy the night, we stayed.
After 20 or 30 minutes of standing in the middle of a very narrow walkway in front of the counter where everyone who try to cross to the other side will bump you, we finally managed to get a table for 5 pax. Remember that we needed a table for 8? They claimed that the table we had was good for 8. Yes, it is possible if the other three were floating. (Just thinking about it annoys me!)

Anyway, we just sat down and ordered. I decided to get Fried Chicken and Cheese Pasta (PHP250) and a bowl of Mushroom Soup (PHP160). While waiting, I snacked on a pack of Sky Flakes.

Our food arrived as we were playing Dirty Minds, a game that will test how clean or dirty you think.
The mushroom soup was served warm and it had a nice taste of mushrooms. But I find it a bit too oily which perhaps was caused by the butter on the croutons.
My pasta was very creamy and heavy. It’s actually good for sharing. The fried chicken was also crisp. What I didn’t like about it though is that the sauce was quite sweet. It also had that umay factor and my taste buds grew tired of it before I reached half of the portion.
After a while, my annoyance slowly disappeared and I started to enjoy the games. We only played two as one round of Monopoly Deal took a bit over half an hour. The game selection of Puzzles is a lot smaller than Ludo but it’s pretty good. They have games for a huge group and fun ones like Twist.
I’m not so sure if I’ll visit again as the service was really disappointing and I also do not like the idea of spending PHP100 to play when I already spend on food. Then again, the That Cookie Dough (PHP160) dessert sure was yummy.

Puzzles Board Game Lounge is located at Fort Pointe 2 Building, Fort Strip, 28th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.

Puzzles Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)