Thursday, July 30, 2015

Cebu Food Stop: Sunburst Fried Chicken

Every time I tell my friends that I’ll be visiting Cebu, they always tell me to eat lechon for them. But when I’m in Cebu, I eat chicken. Crispy chicken skin.

Hello, Sunburst Fried Chicken!

Conveniently located at SM Cebu, this casual dining place is one of my favorite places in Cebu. They serve simple yet crispy fried chicken but it has this appeal that I find irresistible.

R and I shared a Classic (3pcs) Sunburst Fried Chicken (PHP198) and Chick’n Crackers (PHP198, large). We also ordered a glass of buko juice and buko shake.
First to arrive were our drinks. My buko shake wasn’t that sweet making it a good thirst quencher. It was also perfect as it was really hot that day!
The chicken skin and chips were served next and it was L-O-V-E. 
R loved it and kept eating while telling himself that it’s a sinful dish. The crispy skin dipped in vinegar was delightful! My sister would have loved this dish too.

The fried chicken is your good ‘ol simple fried chicken. Crispy skin, tender meat, and value for money… sounds like a good meal! The coleslaw though was pretty much just mayonnaise with some shredded cabbage.
It was one satisfying and filling lunch. I’ll definitely visit again for more chicken skin! (I’m just not so sure if the service was a bit slow or if we were just really hungry.)

Sunburst Fried Chicken is located at Ground Floor, SM Cebu, Juan Luna Extension, Cebu City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)