Thursday, October 2, 2014

Restaurant Discovery: Ukokkei Ramen Ron

I have never been a fan of UAAP. I never watched a single game nor had the interest to know the players. (The only one I know is Chris Tiu—because he is one of the owners of Happy Lemon and an endorser of Milo.) So I had low expectations when I watched it for the first time, LIVE. To my surprise, I enjoyed it. It was fun to watch a game surrounded by game enthusiasts. They cheer and utter “awww” in unison. It was a very interesting experience. But the trip back home was pretty horrific. It was traffic! And my generous sponsor, W was starting to get hungry. And he turns into a grumpy rabbit when deprived of his carrot.

We decided to make a quick stop in Makati so that we get to have dinner and W suggested Ukokkei Ramen Ron. I have never been there so I was game.
When we arrived, only a few diners were there so service was pretty quick. W and W2 knew what to order and went with the Ukokkei Miso Chasu (PHP380 for regular and PHP560 for big serving). I ordered the Ukokkei Shoyu Chasu (PHP380) and Gyoza (PHP120).

Our ramen were served in less than 15 minutes.
My ramen was slightly oily and a bit weak on the taste. I guess I got used to the strong flavors of Ramen Nagi and Kichitora. It was refreshing though to have ramen again with a lighter taste. The noodles were not as firm as I wanted it to be but it was pretty good. The chasu was soft and slightly sweet  (which I love!).
W and W2’s miso chasu TASTED SO MUCH BETTER! I should have ordered the same thing. I got scared with the color as it looked like it was spicy but it wasn’t at all. It had a stronger taste though not necessarily salty. I loved it more than what I ordered. :(
The gyoza on the other hand was great too! The meat was flavorful. I even ate it without any dipping sauce. Yum yum yum!

However, since it’s in Makati, I think it will be a while before I visit it again. Probably when I’m done exploring Legaspi village.

Ukokkei Ramen Ron is located at 822 A. Arnaiz Ave. (also known as Pasay Road), Makati City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)