Monday, September 10, 2012

NYC Pizza in BGC: Nolita


I'm back! It has been quite a while since I last blogged and it sure feels bad not to share my food discoveries. Blogging... why are you so addicting?!? Anyway, about 3 weeks ago, a friend of mine and I decided to go on a BGC food trip since we felt kinda upscale that week. We aimed for at least 4 stops but managed to visit two because my dear tummy wasn't cooperative that day. 
 
Hello, Nolita! 
 
This pizza place was our first stop (we were actually torn if we should dine in Sariwon or here but the cute interior won!) and we were really excited to order since we were really hungry as it was already past 2 p.m..
There were several pizza choices and this place does not just offer the usual pepperoni and cheese pizza. They have interesting ones such as Spinach and Artichoke Pizza, Cheeseburger, Chicken Parmesan and Wild Mushroom Walnut blue. They also have interesting drinks that have ginger in it but it was the Iced Dark Chocolate that caught my attention. 
It took me and A a few minutes before we finally decided to order Spinach and Artichoke (PHP220), Wild Mushroom Walnut Blue (PHP250), and a glass of Iced Dark Chocolate (PHP160). I was tempted to order more as I-just-must-order-more-than-one-dish but since it'll be a food trip, I hesitated.

Service was definitely quick as the pizza we ordered were all cooked already and just needed to be re-heated.
A and I took a slice of both pizzas and were silent for a while since we were really hungry. After a few more bites, we finally shared our thoughts about the pizzas.
 
My Spinach and Artichoke pizza was quite savory. The saltiness of the cheese and the rather tangy artichokes went well together. The spinach though didn’t have a strong taste as it was overpowered by the pesto. It was really good! However, the pizza seemed to be a bit too savory that my tastebuds grew tired of it fast! I suggest that you order two different flavors and share it with a friend. :)
 
The Wild Mushroom Walnut Blue on the other hand definitely had a lot of mushrooms… huge ones! The chewiness of the mushroom and the crunch of the walnuts made the texture of the pizza interesting but it did not kill the saltiness of the blue cheese. But A loved it so much that I just managed to get two itsy bitsy cuts from her slice!
 
The Iced DarkChocolate on the other hand wasn’t really dark. It was quite sweet but still enjoyable. I just love that it was overflowing with chocolate powder. It somehow added texture but careful though as it could also make your throat itch.
 
Pizza for sharing, several interesting options, nice interior, I’d definitely go back for more!

Nolita is located at 7th Ave. cor. 29th St. Bonifacio High Street, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City

1 comment:

Comments or other recommendations? :)