Thursday, July 10, 2014

Love at First Bite: Duck & Buvette

I spy something new and I will visit it as soon as it opens! True enough, I paid Duck & Buvette a visit last Friday and it was still on its soft opening. I love my oh-gosh-that’s-new-so-I-must-eat-there-NOW mind (and tummy).

Hello, Duck & Buvette!
The place was not so packed when we arrived. Roughly around 5 to 6 tables were occupied so we still managed to score a couch seat. Oh yeah~
Some of the items I wanted to try like the Twice Fried Duck Fat Potatoes, Grilled Octopus Salad and Crispy Squid & Kale Chips were not available when we visited. (I now have the perfect excuse to visit again!) So we settled with the following instead: Crispy Potato Pavè and Salty Duck Egg (PHP175), Maple Candied Bacon & Lemon (PHP175), Angus Meatballs (PHP 240), 8 Hour Angus Brisket (PHP370), and Grilled Chicken Provencal (PHP320).
First served were our drinks. I just ordered a glass of Iced Tea and it sure was sweet! I had to wait for the ice to melt. You may opt to ask for water and just dilute it.
Next served was the 8 Hour Angus Brisket and it was really delicious. It was so tender and oozing with flavor. It went really well with the roast garlic potato mash. I enjoyed the mushroom sauce as well. I felt that the two slices were not enough though for one hungry person.
The Crispy Potato Pavè with Salty Duck Eggs were served right after and it was delightful as well. The slight crunch of the fried potatoes layered together and the crème fraiche was such a treat as an appetizer (though the order of the dishes was slightly messed up). 
It took a bit before my grilled chicken arrived. I was surprised though that it was burnt. Then again, the meat was really tender and full of flavor. I loved it with the tomato ragout. I think that sauce saved the dish as it was a bit of a hassle for me to remove the burnt chicken skin as it was really bitter to the palate.
The Angus Meatballs were yummy as well. Stuffed with feta cheese and soaked in tomato sauce, this is a must order dish! It was rich in flavors and it sure was juicy!

Last served was the Maple Candied Bacon & Lemon and since I was stuffed, I totally forgot about it. It was too tempting not to eat though so I tried a strip just so I could taste it. (Yes, it was one long strip.)
It disappointed me though as it was like sugared bacon. It had a bit of rough texture because of the caramelized maple syrup and it was a bit too sweet. It seemed like it was dessert. The server heard me and suggested that I put some lemon juice to offset the sweetness and it didn’t help. It was still interesting though. But I prefer having control over the sweetness like how Early Bird presented theirs, having the maple syrup as dip.
Overall, it was a pleasant dining experience. I can’t wait to try Duck & Buvette’s other dishes and coffee!

Duck & Buvette is located at the 2nd floor, Main Wing, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City.

Duck & Buvette Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)