Thursday, July 7, 2016

First Bite: Pepi Cubano

I have been hearing a lot about Pepi Cubano and how good its Cuban sandwiches are. But its location discourages me from trying it out. Then again, the food gods love me and made Pepi Cubano as one of the concessionaires of the Gourmand Market last May 2016. 
Hello, Pepi Cubano! I have read a lot of good reviews about you!

I was giddy to try it out on my second Gourmand Market visit and shared a Pepi Cubano (PHP250) with R. 
The Pepi Cubano was served after a couple of minutes and we were given a few dollops of Traydor Chili Sauce which they were also selling that weekend. 
he slow-roasted pork loin marinated in secret sauce with ham, pickles and mustard was delectable! The crisp flat bun added texture to the soft and flavorful sweet pork loin. I loved the tanginess brought by the pickles and mustard adding oomph to the Cuban sandwich. PHP250 might seem like a steep price for a flat sandwich but it was filling and definitely bang for the buck.

We also tried the three Traydor sauces and surprisingly, it wasn’t that spicy despite its bright red color. It would be, at most, mild. 

I wish Pepi Cubano branches out here in Fort Bonifacio and join all the future Gourmand Market series and other food bazaars in High Street. 

Pepi Cubano Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)