Wednesday, September 21, 2011

All-Time Favorite: AySee

I used to dislike food such as isaw, laing, and yes, even sisig… but now, I just can’t get enough of it.

Last Sunday (yes, that was the day after I ate one giant chicharon for an eating contest), my mom and I went to Tiendesitas for some pork isaw from Archie’s.
On our way to Chillers for some shakes, I noticed something familiar… AYSEE!!! The famous sisig-an near Ultra is in Tiendesitas (and they just opened a new branch at Greenhills). Okay, I hardly visit Tiendesitas and I found out that they were there since 2010.
I wanted to order Tuna Sisig so that I will feel less guilty (as my heart was screaming for greens ever since I ate that giant chicharon). However, they ran out of tuna… and I was still craving for sisig. So… I ordered Pork Sisig (PHP120) instead.

The aroma sure made taking photos first torture. I was also rushing as I did not want a sunny side up egg (as mixing the raw egg with the sisig topped with calamansi is the best!). Finally, after a few snapshots… ATTACK!!!
What I loved about it was that the meat was very crisp—just like (ack!) chicharon. The tangy taste of calamansi and the fragrant pork and onions plus egg… it was just so irresistible. I’ve heard that this dish goes really well with beer but since I am not a beer person, mango shake will do. :) 

AySee is located at #17 St. Martin St., Cityland Townhouses, Oranbo, Pasig City, Tiendesitas, Pasig City, Eastwood Cybermall and Greenhills G Strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)