Friday, April 7, 2017

First Bite: Cicada Tapas & Bar

It is always fun to visit Cebu as it is turning into a foodie destination with new concepts opening here and there. But there are a few classics that I missed out from my previous trips and I made sure that I’d drop by a few of them during my last Cebu visit. And for R’s late birthday celebration, we opted to have lunch at Circa 1900. 

Hello, Circa 1900!
We were greeted by beautiful two ancestral homes (turned dining halls) as soon as we entered the restaurant's huge compound. 
Unfortunately, Circa 1900 was closed when we visited and will be closed throughout our stay in Cebu. On the bright side, its tapas restaurant, Cicada was open and we could dine there instead. 
Though I was a bit heartbroken for not being able to sample the delightful dishes of Circa 1900, spotting Cicada’s Roast Tomato Soup (PHP125) and Spice Rubbed Baby Back Pork Ribs with Roast Corn and Potato Wedges (PHP485) turned my frown upside down. 
While waiting for our food, I roamed around the restaurant and noticed that there’s a bar and pool a few steps away from the dining area. We found out that guests could actually take a dip in the pool for a small fee. Quite weird but I guess it works as there were several kids splashing around when we passed by it. 
Soon, our refreshing drinks Watermelon and Mint Frappe (PHP95) and Banana Mango Apple Whip (PHP95) were served. 
My Banana Mango Apple Whip was perfect to beat the endless summer heat. It was sweet yet still thirst quenching. 
I was a bit iffy to try R’s Watermelon and Mint Frappe at first as I wasn’t sure if it’ll go well together but it was a lot better than my drink! It was super refreshing and the type that I could have gallons of! I loved its light yet sweet taste with that cool kick from mint made it unforgettable! 

Our huge bowl of tomato soup was served next with herb focaccia bread on the side. 
It was love at first slurp! The thick, tangy and creamy soup was heavenly! I fell for its rich taste which somehow reminded me of spaghetti tomato sauce sans meatballs.
Cicada’s bestselling baby back ribs was huge and bang for the buck! One order is good for at least two. 
We feasted on succulent meat glazed with sweet and mildly spiced sauce topped with shredded veggies with corn and potato wedges on the side. 
As I munched on the flavorful baby back ribs, R went crazy with the beautifully spiced wedges. 

We were hoping to get a small pastry for dessert but we were too full already that we had to bill out after our main dish. 
Overall, it was a lovely meal. With Cicada's delightful dishes, restaurant’s ambiance and prompt service, I’d definitely visit again! 

Cicada Tapas & Bar is located at Sanjercas Ville Extension Road, Lahug, Cebu City, Cebu.

Cicada Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)