Friday, November 25, 2016

Love at First Bite: Miguel & Maria

Marikina is one of the foodie havens I have been eying for the longest time. However, every time I plan to visit this foodie wonderland, it gets cancelled. But thanks to Zomato and ABS-CBN, my dream food crawl became a reality and I finally got to visit one of the restaurants I have been dying to visit. 

Hello, Miguel & Maria!
We were greeted by a facade in black and white hues which gave me an impression that the restaurant would have modern interiors. 
I was instantly corrected as soon as I stepped inside. The restaurant has a warm ambiance with its predominantly dark-colored furniture, wooden floors and walls and rustic displays. 
While waiting for the food, I explored the area and was surprised that it’s a pretty spacious restaurant and it could easily sit around 70 to 80 diners. 

After a short wait, Miguel & Maria’s Ultimate Burger (PHP220) was served.
It looked so heavenly with its dripping cheese and thick angus beef patty. And it tasted pretty good too. It was indeed grilled to perfection as the patty remained succulent. It was flavorful enough but it was further enhanced by the melted cheese. The fries were pretty good too though a tad salty. 
Next served was the mouthwatering Mac & Cheese (PHP220) which was love at first bite. I loved that the pasta was al dente and that despite the overflowing amount of cheese put in the small sizzling plate, it was not cloying at all. 
I had beautiful dreams of this dish ever since that first bite.
The Baby Back Ribs (PHP250) is one of Miguel & Maria’s bestselling dishes. I enjoyed its sweet barbecue taste and how each bite of the soft ribs made me smile. 
I skipped the rice and coleslaw though to make room for the dish I have been wanting to try.
Baked Salmon (PHP300) was the last dish served and it sure made my eyes sparkle like a crow seeing something shiny. I truly enjoyed the juicy Norwegian salmon seasoned with herbs. The cheese on top was a combination of three types of cheeses which, sadly, I was not able to take note of. But the combination of cheeses was pretty good too and went well with the lightly flavored baked salmon. However, I tend to be a purist when it comes to salmon. I would have enjoyed it more without the cheese

And as I sip my Home Brewed Iced Tea (PHP45) I noticed that each table is equipped with some sort of call button with three buttons—to ask for the bill, to call a server, or to cancel the request. Impressive!
I can’t wait to visit Miguel & Maria again, hopefully with an empty stomach, so that I could try its other delectable dishes!
Miguel & Maria is located at 86 Lilac corner Panorama Street, Concepcion Dos, Marikina City.

Miguel & Maria Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)