Tuesday, June 16, 2015

First Bite: Crisp on 28th

I have been hearing a lot of nice things about Crisp on 28th but I never get to visit the place as my desire to go home after work is always stronger. But last week, R encouraged me to eat out for dinner with his friends and we ate at…

Crisp on 28th
The place was quite crowded on a weeknight but we were lucky to have a table for four.

R’s friends were still full from the brokers’ gathering an hour ago so they just ordered a dish to share. I already had a sandwich when R called so we decided to share too. I ordered a bowl of Crisp on 28th’s Soup of the Day (PHP180, which as Beef and Corn that night) and R ordered the Corned Beef Meatloaf (PHP395).We also ordered the Panna Cotta Trio (PHP180) for dessert.
First served was my soup and it was creamy. It had a slight tangy taste which I loved. I’m not sure but it tasted like cheese. The bits of beef and corn added texture to the dish. I also loved the toasted croutons.

I fell in love with the Corned Beef Meatloaf. It had a slight sweet taste that reminded me of embutido. It was flavorful and went well with the potatoes, onion hash, seared tomatoes and my favorite… 64 degree egg. I would love to order this again.
The Panna Cotta Trio wasn’t anything extraordinary. It was good but not great; okay but not memorable. The texture of the chocolate s’mores and the mango-mint vanilla panna cotta were quite off as these two were too hard to be panna cotta. I liked the coffee panna cotta best.
I’ll definitely visit again soon. But I might skip having dessert there.

Crisp on 28th is located at Ground Floor, Alveo Corporate Center, 28th Street, near 9th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. Contact them at 0917.584.6883 for inquiries and reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)